In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

combo

pinky-1pinky-1 Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
still looking for Baikal 222/12ga over under combo

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You need to post in the wanted forum.

Have you search the auction side?

12/223 http://www.GunBroker.com/item/587514410
    Not sure they made it in 222.

Perhaps you use a chamber adapter to shim it to 222, much like the ones made to change 30-06 chambers to 308. They are removable so you can go the factory round.
  • TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Same as I have, as I told you before ,it works.
    you are not going to find one any lower in price.
    I've been offered 500 for mine and it's seen some use.
  • pinky-1pinky-1 Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    -- yea they were made in 222, i got rid of mine 15 years ago like a dumb *, i can find other calibers but not to my liken thanks anyway guys ---
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Valmet at one time made their model 412 in a 22 caliber centerfire along with 12 Ga.3 inch mag. I have two model 412 with combo one rifle one shotgun barrel from 243 up to a 9.3 x74R
  • Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Question?
    How accurate is the Baikal rifle barrel at 100 yards on those combo guns at 100 yards?
    I've heard of some really bad rifle groups as the temperature of the barrels changes from cold bore shot to warm bore on most combo is why I ask. Also as the shotgun barrel warms it changes the Point of Impact of the rifle barrel due to heating of the shotgun barrel due to the rifle barrel being securely attached to the shotgun barrel.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello okie743 I have 3 different combo barrel sets for one of my Valmets
    3 different shotgun over shotgun barrel sets on the other one The reason I have two receivers is I like twin triggers on the combo sets and single selective on the shot gun sets my 243 and 30/06 rifle barrels shoot as good as any rifle sub one inch at 100 yards I have, except my Sako heavy barrel in 222.I have only fired 3 shot group from 9.3x74r barrel in 222 this is with 5 shot groups .of course as they are single shot I have never shot them as fast as you could fire 5 shots from semi auto /pump or most Bolt action firearms the great thing about a Valmet over most other combo guns is you can change POI on each barrel separately