In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester Universal shot shells

eightshoteightshot Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
Can anyone tell me what the (FPS) Feet Per Second is, for the Winchester Universal 12 gauge, 2 3/4", 3 dram, 1 1/8, 8 shot is?
Thanks,
Doug

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So the answer is 3 dram equivalent of black powder pushing 1 and 1/8 ounce of shot in the standard barrel (what ever that was or is) would be approximately 1200 fps.

Winchester web site was no help. Walmart's comments were interesting.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Winchester-Universal-12-Gauge-Shotgun-Shells-100pk/16817270#Item+Description

added I got to shoot a prototype 3200 as a kid that the Remington factory shooter lady had at the range. She saw me admiring it in the rack, so she treated me to a round of trap complete with shells. Nice lock time on them. I almost bought one years later but I'm a pump repeater guy. Learned on a 37 Ithaca but switched to a combat 870 Express.
  • Options
    eightshoteightshot Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    the barrel lenght is 30", 3200 Remington. I see different manufactures list 3 dram and the listed FPS are different? 1200, 1250 etc?
    Thanks Charlie for the excellent reply.
    Doug