In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The CH-4D swagging die...

Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
In case anyone is interested below is some info on the CH-4D swagging kit.

I've been looking at swagging primer pockets instead of reaming them as I normally do and I think I've found what appears to be a really good die kit for the job. Looks to be a lot easier to use than the RCBS swagging tool. The cost is $35.01 with $8.00 shipping.

The CH-4D swagging tool which is a die with a ram type top that holds the shell holder to place the casing in. I've read all kinds of good reviews on it and the video below shows it in action.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFD3jJ9AEXk

Their website address is:
https://www.ch4d.com/products/equipment/priming-tools/psk

You have to call to order. Danny is the guy that answers and takes the orders.
740-397-7214
Monday - Friday
10am - 6pm EST

psk.png

Comments

• XXCrossXXCross Member Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ummm....unless the case is supported on the inside, I think you'd risk bending the rim on any case.
  • Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used one for at least 30+ years...MUCH easier than the RCBS and many others...
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Grunt2
    I have used one for at least 30+ years...MUCH easier than the RCBS and many others...

Why did you wait 30 years to say so? I would have bought one 30 years ago if you had spoke up. [;)]
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Back in the 70's we figured out the RCBS primer pocket swedge left a lot to be desired. I have Lyman hand reamers from the 30's that still work fine. Mostly I just use a clip point knife blade and cut the crimp out. 2nd I avoid brass with crimped primer if I can.

My supply of 57NM is about gone though they were not crimped.
    edited November -1
    They've got fast shipping. I placed my order at just a little after 1:00 PM today and I got a message from the USPS a little while ago saying it departed Mt. Vernon, OH and arrived in Columbus, OH at 6:01 PM and then departed Columbus Ohio at 7:10 PM headed to Atlanta.

Heck I might get a chance to use it by tomorrow or Sunday at that pace.

The USPS is running on Sunday's around here these days. I didn't know that until last Sunday when I received a package from them which surprised me.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by XXCross

Ummm....unless the case is supported on the inside, I think you'd risk bending the rim on any case.

Your rifle will put more pressure on the case rim ejecting the spent casing than than this swagging tool will.
    edited November -1
    I received the tool in the mail this morning. Ordered it on Friday and received it on Monday. Pretty fast considering it's the week leading up to Christmas.

I installed it on an extra turret plate and it didn't take but a few minutes to adjust it.

I'm amazed at how little pressure it takes to swag a primer pocket with it.

It's a whole lot faster than reaming the pockets. I timed myself for two minutes and without rushing I averaged 18 casings a minute.

After about 45 minutes of swagging with it I ran out of casings. I swagged every casing I have and now I'll have to buy some more if I want to have something to play with. [:)]

DSCN2935.jpg

DSCN2949.jpg

DSCN2936.jpg