In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I've got primers!!!!

MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭
Scored on some SR primers. Took all the limit allowed and will go back for more if there's any left.

Comments

• Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice identification of the problem.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If this is the way things are going to go, I intend to get what I can.
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    So . . . do you have the other makings?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes, you could say that. I've finally received bullets that were on BO for several months and have some powder stored. Mostly, the primers were to restock those used during last winter's loading. Still waiting on a goodly pile of primers BO'd for over 3 months.
    I'm hoping the lock down eases before I have to start buying powder again. I don't load much this time of year since it's difficult to control the humidity in my basement and I don't like to have powder out for any length of time.
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The gun shop that I have been going to lately has had either small or large in stock. They limit you to three boxes a week.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Those 300-500 limits don't help much when you're looking for 20K.
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sure your 20k order will ship in the next couple months.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shipped today!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you think you're excited? I just bought more ammo that I won't get around to shooting until at least 2020! Score!

I refuse to pay these panic prices. I hope you're getting realistic prices on the things you're buying. If I had a box of 22lr that cost more than precision handloads for my 308, I'd have a very difficult time finding enjoyment in shooting them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Delivered for about 1/2 what I've been seeing them on the shelf(IF they had any)plus tax. Haz mat and shipping add a lot unless you're getting 10K or more.
    I load all my AR ammo with CCI#41 and they're often higher than #400.
  • Options
    midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess I'm lucky. I have found a local shop that usually has a good supply does not charge hazmat shipping and has a lower price than anywhere else I can find. $27/1k is fine with me. it is good to hear that I'm not the only one finding deals!