In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

shotshell pressure

peddlerpeddler Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
Does lower pressure in a shot gun shell mean lower kick? Or is it both shot weight and pressure?

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Force = Mass times Acceleration.

Lots of old trap shooters liked reddot because it kicked less in their trap loads.

I don't enjoy full tilt Unique loads in my 44 mag as much as the bluedot ones at the same velocity using the same bullet. Takes about 40% more bluedot to get the same result.
  • Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mass of the ejecta (shot, wad, gas), velocity of the ejecta, and gun weight are the factors in recoil calculations (note that pressure is NOT a factor).

How the gun fits you also has an effect, BUT as each body is different, a "mild" kicker for me might feel like a mule to you (and visa versa)
  • rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    But a lower pressure load with similar velocities to a higher pressure load would indicate a longer impulse time and might not feel it kicks as hard due to the duration.
  • bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by peddler
    Does lower pressure in a shot gun shell mean lower kick? Or is it both shot weight and pressure?

More or less yes.

Your package is in the mail.[;)]
  • peddlerpeddler Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, will put them to good use.