In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Trailboss powder

TopkickTopkick Member Posts: 4,452 ✭✭
I use it a lot for cast bullets quite a lot. Is it suitable for jacketed bullets as well?
Specifically .30 cal or .243 and such?

Comments

• Options
    papernickerpapernicker Member Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it is for lead only.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    This powder will work for most any centerfire Cartridge. It has a lot of BULK for it's weight. Most likely lower pressure with full case then any other powder. However it is costly and most likely full case in a 243 Would be 1500 FPS or less . So why not use the correct powder from a reloading manual.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, I stumbled on to 6 pounds pretty cheap and I load lots of slow rounds for plunking and my younger kids. I hope I can find jacketed data. I still have plenty of Varget, 4895,H335 etc.
  • Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I noticed in the Hodgdon 2013 annual manual that Trail Boss loads are listed for some jacketed bullet rounds. I didn't look closely since I wasn't interested in those applications so you might check their website for loads. Good luck--sounds like fun.
  • Options
    Mort4570Mort4570 Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.imrpowder.com/PDF/Trail-Boss-data.pdf

found this info on jacketed bullet data. their data center is not available right now,to my computer anyway

and,at my prices locally,TB is no more expensive than any other powder,cheaper than some actually,by the ounce.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the links!