In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

5.7 x 28 F N Herstal

milesmiles Member Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anybody here tried their hand at re-loading this little round.

I don't even know if components are available for it.

Thanks for any advice or tips.

Tom

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Someone ask about removing the plastic coating on the shells. I told him MEK would do it but he is using something less toxic now. They say this not a good cartridge to learn to reload with as the shoulder gets set forward on firing. Might try the search feature.
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    miles,

Dies, brass and bullets are available through regular supply lines:

http://www.reloadingsupplieshq.com/category/1261-57x28mm_Reloading.aspx

Bullets are standard 0.224" or .22 caliber.

Many of us have a little trouble loading diminutive cases such as this because of our big hands but the use of forceps and larger tweezers will help with that.

We just loaded a bunch the other day to test a newer small action rifle conversion and it was tedious at first but got easier as we developed a feel for it.

Best.
  • milesmiles Member Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nononsense
    miles,

Dies, brass and bullets are available through regular supply lines:

http://www.reloadingsupplieshq.com/category/1261-57x28mm_Reloading.aspx

Bullets are standard 0.224" or .22 caliber.

Many of us have a little trouble loading diminutive cases such as this because of our big hands but the use of forceps and larger tweezers will help with that.

We just loaded a bunch the other day to test a newer small action rifle conversion and it was tedious at first but got easier as we developed a feel for it.

Best.

I suspect the fact that I'm a novice ,I need to leave this round up to someone else to reload.
    That said, do you want my used brass, no since in wasting it if you can use it and it's worth the effort to reload.

At the range,I found out this is a screaming little hot rod of a round and goes where you aim it.
    The magazines are a * to load but, it's worth it. Shame the magazines aren't designed along the lines of Ruger 22 mags.

Postage is on me if you want it.
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    miles,

I appreciate your generosity and I want to thank you for your offer.

However, in fairness to all of the members here, it would be better to offer your brass as a 'Giveaway' which is done frequently here on the forums. This way, everyone has a chance to benefit.

Thanks!

Best.
  • 62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The brass in the neck area is quite thin so care must be used in seating the bullet or it will collapse the case.