In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Data for URP

norgexxxnorgexxx Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
Posted a similar request under "Ask the Experts", but am trying to expand the 'market' a bit. ANY load data for URP I would appreciate. I load for almost 40 different rifle calibers. Norma, while advertising URP for it's 'veratility' list next to no data for this powder. I have 10lbs of the stuff in the freezer and no data other then Normas for a couple of oddball 30-06 loadings. HELP?

Comments

• noyljnoylj Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best to contact Norma for data. All the companies I've contacted would give me help.
  • norgexxxnorgexxx Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by noylj
    Best to contact Norma for data. All the companies I've contacted would give me help.

REALLY??? I would think that when someone informs you that they reload for 40 different rifle calibers that you could safely assume that they have the know how to find all the easy answers. Just because someone asks a question, do not assume they are an idiot. Norma is as useless as a rubber-crutch when it comes to getting a response for anything that requires more then saying 'hello' into a telephone. No response to emails, empty promises on the telephone. I still use them for brass when all others are unavailable, but I will never buy their powder again....EVER.
    edited November -1
    Sorry, I made no assumption. Calm down.
    As I said, all the companies I've ever contacted were most helpful.
    So, you want unproven data from unknown people on the internet?

On their site, I see:

Norma URP
    A high-energy, mid-range propellant, URP is an excellent choice for medium-sized cartridges such as 7x64 and 30-06.

Doesn't sound all that versatile to me.

Sorry I Insulted you by trying to help...
  • norgexxxnorgexxx Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by noylj
    Sorry, I made no assumption. Calm down.
    As I said, all the companies I've ever contacted were most helpful.
    So, you want unproven data from unknown people on the internet?

On their site, I see:

Norma URP
    A high-energy, mid-range propellant, URP is an excellent choice for medium-sized cartridges such as 7x64 and 30-06.

Doesn't sound all that versatile to me.

Sounds to me you like you just want to sound like a know-it-all and have no interest in actually putting forth any effort. There's a thousand dipsticks out there full of the easy answers. I'll take data from the manufacturer, but if you were paying attention it was pointed out there IS NOT ANY. And no I don't just take 'anyones' data from the internet, if you have any experience with these things you would know, over time, that there are certain folks who have a proven track record of sound methods and knowledge, real knowledge, to provide and share. Not the patented little quibbling trifles of 'look at the manufactures website'. If you want to help, then put forth the effort to help instead of just vomiting out what someone else told you. And tell the truth, they just didn't stop with 7x64 and 30-06 did they?? Nooooo, they listed a couple more, and then said "and many others". Just goes to prove, you're no help and not truthful either. As I calmly close by telling you to not get so agitated when someone points out that they see right through posters like you who just know how to waste peoples time, and only post crap because no one listens to their bs in their real life, I would suggest that a little effort in actually putting forth effort may help you in your life.

Sorry I Insulted you by trying to help...
    edited November -1
    I quoted exactly what I found on the web site.
    If you know these people who can develop safe loads that you trust, then just contact them.
    All I read was a general request for data and I made the mistake of trying to help.
    Merry Christmas and I hope you get the data you want.
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sounds like you have your mind made up and don't want advice, but here is mine, sell it and buy a powder you can use, life is to short/important to argue over will it or will it not work.