In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Question for moderator, or webmaster, or ?

rhoperhope Member Posts: 118 ✭✭✭
I notice from reading the posts on this forum that I am not the only one who can't spell.

Is there any way you could provide some kind of "spell-checker" for us spelling challanged people ?

Comments

• Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Download and use Firefox as your browser, it has a built in spellchecker.
    Alt. methiod, compose your post in a word processing program than do a cut and paste to the forum
  • alan selfalan self Member Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use google & they have spell check on there tool bar ? Getting to old to learn to cut & paste change this or that BS. Just want the kiss program. I came before the calculators & computers.
  • lkbensonlkbenson Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would post something that millions of people have the opportunity to read and does not take the initiative to check the spelling. There are times that I will skip over and not read it at all when I come across a poster that cannot spell and will not take the time to learn.
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lkbenson
    For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would post something that millions of people have the opportunity to read and does not take the initiative to check the spelling. There are times that I will skip over and not read it at all when I come across a poster that cannot spell and will not take the time to learn.

Sorry, the position of "Grammar/Spelling Nazi" is already taken.[:D]

You have one post and are complaining already? Get a grip. That's no way to get started.

Having said all that....it irks me, also. I just struggle through it.

Besides, just because someone's spelling or grammar is weak does not mean I can't learn from them.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am using Google CHROME, it has a built in spell checker. My only complaint, it is not creative enough to offer some plausible suggestions for the word I was trying to type when I really slaughter it.[:I]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost1958
    I am using Google CHROME, it has a built in spell checker. My only complaint, it is not creative enough to offer some plausible suggestions for the word I was trying to type when I really slaughter it.[:I]

My point exactly. You admit you're not the best Grammatician or Spellinator but, I have learned alot from your posts.
  • lkbensonlkbenson Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I knew when I posted my opinion on this subject that somebody would try to admonish me because I am the proverbial newbie and shouldn't have an opinion that might get under somebody's craw. Yes, it probably is the wrong way to introduce myself and yes I am complaining but I am not cutting anyone in particular down, merely stating my opinion that spelling is important if you are going to post something that others are going to read. I am not vying for the position of "Grammar/Spelling Nazi" because I believe that position is already taken.
    As to the advise that I should sit back, ignore the spelling and maybe learn something. I have been watching and learning from this site for the last three or four years, maybe longer. Even though I have been reloading since 1964 there is a lot more that I can learn. This is the reason I even came across the post regarding spelling and spell checker. I am sorry that I shouldn't express my opinion because I only have one post. Next time maybe I should "get a grip" and leave the real opinions to those of you that have at least a thousand posts and are more qualified than myself to express an opinion.

Larry
    US Army 1966-68
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I knew when I posted my opinion on this subject that somebody would try to admonish me because I am the proverbial newbie and shouldn't have an opinion that might get under somebody's craw. Yes, it probably is the wrong way to introduce myself and yes I am complaining but I am not cutting anyone in particular down, merely stating my opinion that spelling is important if you are going to post something that others are going to read. I am not vying for the position of "Grammar/Spelling Nazi" because I believe that position is already taken.
    As to the advise that I should sit back, ignore the spelling and maybe learn something. I have been watching and learning from this site for the last three or four years, maybe longer. Even though I have been reloading since 1964 there is a lot more that I can learn. This is the reason I even came across the post regarding spelling and spell checker. I am sorry that I shouldn't express my opinion because I only have one post. Next time maybe I should "get a grip" and leave the real opinions to those of you that have at least a thousand posts and are more qualified than myself to express an opinion.

Larry
    US Army 1966-68

You think it's bad here, go to the "general discussion" forum [;)]
    If some of the posters there got together, there would be some fights [;)]
    Most likley with a moderator refereeing [:D]
    edited November -1
    Did you NOT see the smiley or read my second post?

Just poking fun. Don't get your feathers ruffled.

BTW, Thank you for your service.
  • NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    If I miss spell a word it underlines it in red. I have to fix it myself but I know if I miss spell.

Not sure if that is because of my browser, computer but it works.
  • Sky SoldierSky Soldier Member Posts: 460
    edited November -1

As to the advise that I should sit back, ignore the spelling and maybe learn something.

I think the word you're looking for is spelled advice.[;)]
    Sorry, couldn't resist.