In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How much is 1st shot .45 and .308 brass?

mrdropclothmrdropcloth Member Posts: 614 ✭✭✭
I have approx. 1,000 of each. alot of both have new primers installed too. What would you think I could get for them?

Comments

• geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    The amount is dependent upon how long you want to wait.

1. Remove the primers, as you can't ship via USPS with them inserted.
    2. Start the .45 on GB at about $.04 each.
    3. Start the .308 on GB at about $.20 each.
    4. Ship Flat Rate box, which keeps the cost down for the buyer.

Remember that reloaders are "cheap SOB's" and most brass is not Gold, even if that's what people are saying right now. It will sell fast at the right price, but the people asking $.10 each for .45 are waiting for some sucker, which does happen.

You cannot ship primed brass via USPS, you can with UPS as long as marked properly, but the cost is far higher then with flat rate, and it's more work for you.
  • NordicwargodNordicwargod Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I have approx. 1,000 of each. alot of both have new primers installed too. What would you think I could get for them?

Look at some completed auctions here on GunBroker and you will get an idea. Quite a few sellers ship primed brass without any issue. Since primers are tough to get now be sure to have that in the add.
    If you don't want to take the chance to "ship" primed brass then sell locally. There are two venues I use.
    As far as pistol brass .45auto is always in demand, so is 308 which only 223 being more in demand. You would have made more money two months ago but you should have no problem selling either now.
    If memory serves people were asking and getting $250+ for 1k of 308 unprimed! And $90 for 1k of unprimed .45. I think its slowed a bit since.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What kind of brass? (make) will bear some weight with a few.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hell, depending on the primer, I would pay .10 a round for primed 45 brass.
  • mrdropclothmrdropcloth Member Posts: 614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for these very helpful insights and options. This board is very knowledgeable. Thanks again, S[teve