In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

IMR 4451 and 7977 Enduron Powders

FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
IMR%20Enduron%204451%20and%207977_zpsnbsgdf7j.jpg

I was surprised to see them in my LGS so I grabbed one each to to try. Anyone have any successful load experiences to share, in particular; .270 Win/AI, .300 WSM, .300 Win Mag, and .338 Win Mag.

Thank you in advance for your support and understanding.

Ed

Comments

• nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FEENIX,

We're currently in a fast track test of the 7977 which is supposed to be like H-1000 according to Hodgdon. This data is being generated with several rifles chambered for the 6.5 SAUM, both competition and hunting barrels. As yet we haven't gotten any definitive data but we're hopeful since H-1000 is hard to get except from the scalpers... My guess is that it will NOT be as cold burning as H-1000 which will have an adverse effect on quite a number of cartridge/bullet combinations.

Best.
  • FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nononsense
    FEENIX,

We're currently in a fast track test of the 7977 which is supposed to be like H-1000 according to Hodgdon. This data is being generated with several rifles chambered for the 6.5 SAUM, both competition and hunting barrels. As yet we haven't gotten any definitive data but we're hopeful since H-1000 is hard to get except from the scalpers... My guess is that it will NOT be as cold burning as H-1000 which will have an adverse effect on quite a number of cartridge/bullet combinations.

Best.

Thank you Sir!

http://www.hodgdon.com/PDF/Burn Rates - 2014-2015.pdf