In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depends on your end use? Seems odd they measure diagonally instead of OD. Here is a list of overshot wads.
    http://www.ballisticproducts.com/Overshot-Cards-500_bag/productinfo/OS/
  • B&G ClingerB&G Clinger Member Posts: 1,789 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah I thought that a little odd also. I think that refered more to their other punches and was just cut and pasted on this one. What is the diagonal of a circle anyway?
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Written by a marketing major not a math minor. Your 5/8 card wads cut from index card stock would work nice for sealing up the last load on wore out AA's. I save my final use ones for places where I cant' recover them or don't want to spend the time to do so.
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by B&G Clinger
    Yeah I thought that a little odd also. I think that refered more to their other punches and was just cut and pasted on this one. What is the diagonal of a circle anyway?

The diameter.
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by toad67
    quote:Originally posted by B&G Clinger

The diameter.

Any polygon has diagonals. A circle is not a polygon.

While we are talking geometry, the first to tell me what do you call
    a 4 sided triangle wins the gold ring.
    [:D]
  • Jim RehmJim Rehm Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rehm
    Tetrahedron?

Ding! Ding! Ding!

{us poor folk call it a pyramid}
  • B&G ClingerB&G Clinger Member Posts: 1,789 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by babun
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rehm
    Tetrahedron?

Ding! Ding! Ding!

{us poor folk call it a pyramid}

Not exactly a "triangle" as that would be a two-dimensional shape. You have crossed over into three dimensional shapes. I suppose a cube is an 6 sided square?
  • cbyerlycbyerly Member Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a huge lot of old style shotgun wads and cards for all gages. What do you need? It hardly seem worth the effort to make your own.