In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Made a trade today

jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
Was looking to sell a field grade M1. Buddy said he'd be intrested, but didn't have the asking price of $700. I told him that as a friend, I'd let it go to him for $600. Still wasn't interested, but he was looking to get rid of his Dillon 650, as his tastes have gone more to muzzlestuffers and he hadn't used it in years. Besides, he has a single stage.

Now, I have stated numerous times that my thoughts on a Dillon were that it was an excellent machine, just overpriced. But when I considered the cost of the press, 2 extra tool heads, 3 full caliber conversions, auto case feeder, 3 sets of dies, low powder sensor, several bins, spare charge bar, primer conversions, etc., I just couldn't pass it up. I tossed in 100 once fired LC cases and 2 clips over his protests. I still think I got the better half of the deal price wise.

What do you think?

I'm not in a place to use it right now but in the coming months should be... expect to see some questions about it.

Comments

• Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a good deal even if you didn't have guns for the 3 sets of dies- there's just three reasons to get three more guns, but then, you probably already have guns for the dies.
  • Options
    geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a "win-win" to me, not "who" got the better deal. The best deals are when both parties are happy.

Enjoy the press, you'll like it.
  • Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    You made out very, very well.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    JONK......You did real good! [^][^][^][^][^][^]
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jonk, You got the better deal.
    Living with them, cured me of any desire to own one or even to handle or shoot someone elses. $100 would be too much for an unissued gun.
    Shooters at my club fire great quantities in practice that you couldn't keep up with using any other tool.