In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Reload for Glock

alan selfalan self Member Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
Does anyone reload 40 cal. & use them in a Glock ? Any problems ? I keep reading not to use reloads. Something about unsuported feed ramps ??

Comments

• Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I reload and shoot them in a couple of Glock 40's and have never had any issues. Here are the reasons I believe it isn't an issue for me. I cull my brass very well keeping an eye out for severely bulged cases. I load plinking target loads if they were loaded hotter with higher pressure it might be an issue. I check all of my rounds in a check gauge as my last reloading step.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do a search on the subject there are many discussions about the issue. The issue with lead bullets is a bit more complex but jacketed bullets are no problem out of a standard Glock.
  • Options
    alan selfalan self Member Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks. Been lookin for a carry gun. Every time I find something that seem just right something turns out wrong. Started lookin at a Glock 27 looked like it would fit. Then seen this about reloading for them. Hope I can find a range that has one to rent. Would like to try one out first. Just call me cheap.
    Me and that search just don't get along. Functional illiterate with these computers !
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by alan self
    Thanks. Been lookin for a carry gun. Every time I find something that seem just right something turns out wrong. Started lookin at a Glock 27 looked like it would fit. Then seen this about reloading for them. Hope I can find a range that has one to rent. Would like to try one out first. Just call me cheap.
    Me and that search just don't get along. Functional illiterate with these computers !

Up at the top right part of the page under the GunBroker.com Message Forums is a list of tabs starting with Home, the next to last tab is for Search. If you put Glock reload in the search box it will give you many threads and posts about the subject. It is a great way to see many opinions and stories about the subject.

It is WISE, not cheap to test shoot a gun before you buy it. holding it in your hand is one thing, firing it for fit and function in your hand, will be the acid test.