In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Powder?!?!

hermiemhermiem Member Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
Anybody know who CURRENTLY has any Alliant, Hodgdon and/or IMR powders stocked online? Time to "stock-up" my forum friends!

Comments

• Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ive seen powder in quite a few stores, I ordered some and it came in two weeks, but now Im running short of large rifle primers.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hermiem,

You're about 6 months too late my friend. Folks have been stocking up since before the elections. Most suppliers are out of the powders in the highest demand but some of the out-of-the-way places still have some powders with lesser demand.

I checked over 2 dozen suppliers yesterday and found a smattering of rifle powders but a decent supply of pistol powders and a large supply of shotgun powders. Most of the merchants have an 'in stock' or 'out of stock' notice in red for the products.

You might try:

http://store.thirdgenerationshootingsupply.com/

They have a good method to review the products for stock and they only charge $7.95 for shipping. HazMat is $20.00/shipment but limited to a lesser amount of powder. Be sure to read the restrictions before ordering.

Natchez, Grafs, MidSouth, Powder Valley and Cabelas all have dribs and drabs of powder. You'll have to check each site individually though for what's available. When you find what you want, buy it. It has a tendency to disappear quickly.

Best.
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This just a shot in the dark, {pun is intended} have you tried the place that pays for this free forum??

Looks like about 1500 items for sale...

http://www.GunBroker.com/Reloading-Supplies/BI.aspx?Keywords=*powder&SearchType=1
  • Options
    hermiemhermiem Member Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THANKS - This is a big help!

quote:Originally posted by nononsense
    hermiem,

You're about 6 months too late my friend. Folks have been stocking up since before the elections. Most suppliers are out of the powders in the highest demand but some of the out-of-the-way places still have some powders with lesser demand.

I checked over 2 dozen suppliers yesterday and found a smattering of rifle powders but a decent supply of pistol powders and a large supply of shotgun powders. Most of the merchants have an 'in stock' or 'out of stock' notice in red for the products.

You might try:

http://store.thirdgenerationshootingsupply.com/

They have a good method to review the products for stock and they only charge $7.95 for shipping. HazMat is $20.00/shipment but limited to a lesser amount of powder. Be sure to read the restrictions before ordering.

Natchez, Grafs, MidSouth, Powder Valley and Cabelas all have dribs and drabs of powder. You'll have to check each site individually though for what's available. When you find what you want, buy it. It has a tendency to disappear quickly.

Best.
  • Options
    ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
    edited November -1
    I managed to pick up an 8lb jug of Retumbo and a 5lb jug of RL25 at a local shooting range for $20 per pound that is what it was selling for 1 year ago. Next week I will pick up and 8lb of Benchmark and I will wear both of my .223's out without having to buy powder again
  • Options
    gotstolefromgotstolefrom Member Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I stocked up last April (From Midway) on all things I was running short on, and most was delivered within 2 weeks.

I also picked up about 4 powders that I have not used, but wanted to try. They have still not arrived , Midway sez it ships from the manufacturer , so they have no control on shipping.

Anybody else had this problem with Midway ?

I think I'll tell Midway that "Since you will not help me follow up on the missing powders, give me a refund for them."

OOPS..I spoke two days too soon, and put stink on Midway that wasn't deserved. ( They now have an EXTENDED ship time for powders )
    I got 3 of the 4 powders I ordered way back when.
  • Options
    Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Midway's pretty dang good with shipping, if they say it'll be there I believe them. Now if they're waiting for someone else to fill their order, it might be a while...'specially powder or primers.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think Midway actually has powder on hand. All their orders are shipped from somewhere else.