In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Shipping Powder

atvguy43atvguy43 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
Can anyone tell me what the best way is to ship smokeless gun powder? I understand it's not as simple as packing it up in a box and bringing it down to the local FedEx.

Comments

• bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't use Fed Ex for anything. That would be my friendly advice.
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    atvguy43,

You need to do some serious research on this question before you are convinced that it's legal for you to do.

Here is the shortest explanation:

UPS/FedX will only accept hazardous material shipments from qualified UPS/FedX daily pick up accounts that have been Haz-Mat certified.

It is currently not legal to ship gunpowder unless you have the certificate.

Best.
  • CheechakoCheechako Member Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here we go again.

Go to "Ask The Experts". The information is in Sticky #1.

It's very simple. You can go on-line and certify yourself at no cost. Your biggest problem will be in finding a shipper that knows the rules. I use UPS.

Good Luck

Ray
  • atvguy43atvguy43 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you all for your advise. I just have some extra powder that I wanted to share with other re-loaders out there and I didn't want to post it until I knew what is legal to ship it.