In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dillon 550 auto drive

midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
I need one! I've been pulling my handle non stop for the last 6 hours resizing brass. I do enjoy the smell of Hornady One shot but I'm starting to go cross eyed.

Comments

• Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use One Shot for high volume reloading, but man that stuff is as toxic as it gets. I switched to the pump spray and it's not quite as bad. I guess a bad headache is worth the time saved.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Toxic? Smells good to me! One shot or hoppes #9 could be worn as cologne!
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Lee paste dilluted with rubbing alcohol, then left to dry after spraying. Non toxic, nice on the hands.

I feel your pain... just did a large batch of 9mm on a turret press. Ugh.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I got half of a 5 gallon bucket full sized.I'll tackle the other half tomorrow
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    So, you're using the "single stage" function on your Dillon?
    Is this because you want to measure them after sizing?
    Then what, tumble and prime?
    Then load powder, then bullet, then crimp?
    I'm afraid that if you found some way to "automate" your 550; you'd have 4 sizing dies, 4 powder-through dies, etc.
    All that labortime wasted coulda been spent shooting.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Kind of. All of my brass needs trimmed because some of it is under and some is way over max case oal. Its all mixed together. I dont bother seperating it for the ar. A lot of it was picked up from gravel and was walked on. Before it can be trimmed, it has to be resized to round the necks back out on a lot of it. After trimming, deburring, and retumbling, then I can seat primers and run through the rest of the steps progressively. So for now, I guess you could say I'm using it as a single stage. I have a single stage press, but its not as nice, I Dont want to move the die, and it doesn't catch the spent primers when resizing.

asking for an auto drive was just because I felt like whining. They Dont make one for the 550 and it would be useless anyways without a case feeder and bullet feeder also.