In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

AM22 Federal .22 AutoMatch

Emmett DunhamEmmett Dunham Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
I picked up about 4,500 rounds of this ammo in 325 round packages and was wondering if someone uses this ammo and how it shoots. Once I feel that it is good ammo I can determine how much of it I keep. I have a S&W simi auto that is a tack driver but it does not like plinking ammo and gets dirty and does everything is the book wrong when I use cheap ammo in it.

Emmett

Comments

• TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot a lot of Federal auto match, use it in all my pistols and semi rifles.

Other then being a little dirtier then the likes of CCI , it has been very accurate.

I have had no complaints , it works in all my semi autos from my Walther p22 to my Colt 22 conversion unit, in my 10-22 to my Walther G22 rifle...all good.

I clean my 22's after every 500 rounds or so, whether they need it or not, never had a problem with this ammo.

I only have about 6,500rounds on hand right now, I guess I'll have get some more for back up ![:D]
  • MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
    edited November -1
    nice 'every day' ammo, I've had a few 'squibb' loads so I don't use it for match shooting.
  • Emmett DunhamEmmett Dunham Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mike, you have actually hand a round stuck in the barrel (squibbed)?

Thats telling!

Emmett
  • MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
    edited November -1
    "Mike, you have actually hand a round stuck in the barrel (squibbed)?"
    NO, MAYBE A BAD COICE OF WORDS. JUST LOWER THAN EXPECTED VELOCITY/RECOIL IMPULSE. ONLY FAILURE WAS FAIL TO EJECT THE EMPTY.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used up four bricks of it. It is an OK ammo for 25 yards but fell short of the accuracy needed at 50 yards in my match pistols.

Since a 22 is the most persnickety round we shoot you may find your guns shoot it like a laser beam.

It shot very well in my bolt action 22 rifle, equaling RWS rifle match ammo but not as good as Wolf Match Target.