In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

got myFrankford Arsenal wet tumbler today

ni haoni hao Member Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭
I just finished my first batch. About 1000 .223's and they look like new! I am very happy with this tumbler so far. It has a 1 year warranty same as all the others I looked at. I have plenty of time in the next year to clean all my brass and hopefully it will last many more years. That saved me from months of cleaning brass by hand using a drill, Lee 3 jaw chuck, Scotch brite pads and steel wool.[:)]

Comments

• bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    Wow. If that's what you were using before, I'll bet you ARE pleased!!

Glad you like it.

What did you pay?
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What are using for the cleaning solution?
  • ni haoni hao Member Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I paid $200 at MidwayUSA, they had a promo for free shipping. I use Dawn dishwashing detergent and Lemi Shine together. In 2 hours or less the brass looks new. Wish I had bought this years ago.I have cleaned all my brass, and have it sorted as to what step it needs next. It is a lot to pay, but money well spent IMHO.
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I'm curious why you went with the FA one when the Thumbler's one is cheaper? I'm currently using a rock tumbler to wet tumble and want to upgrade, and am curious if the FA one has some benefits?
  • XP100XP100 Member Posts: 436 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an FA tumbler. Does excellent job. It has a timer and sifter pieces to separate the pins and brass. I set a colander on to of a 5 gal. plastic bucket then line it with an old t-shirt dump out the drum and then rinse the brass in clean water. Just did some 270 that was pretty bad in 1.5 hrs. FA comes with 5# of stainless pins and a sample pack of cleaner but I use Dawn & Lemi-Shine.

I think the Thumblers kit costs more than the 195.00 I paid.
    edited November -1
    I started to buy the Thumlers Tumbler. I think it is probably better made, but both companies have the same 1 year warranty.There are 4 reasons I bought the Frankford Arsonal.
    1st. I had a FA bullet puller that I had used 1000's of times and had bought it 2-3 years ago. The plastic finally busted and I called FA about the cost of replacement and told them how much I had used it and for how long. To my surprise they sent me a new one free of charge. I told the man thank you and that was unheard of today, and if I had a choice again of whether to buy their product or another companies product, I would buy FA.
    2nd. The FA tumbler holds 30 pounds,the Thumlers 12-15lbs. Believe me, I have filled this FA tumbler on a few occasions and it has worked great!
    3rd. The stainless steel media is included with the FA. The Thumlers you must buy the media. 5lbs of the media IIRC is more than $40.
    4th. I am not sure which, Midwayusa had a promo code for free shipping or 10% off. I am not sure, I think Thumlers may include free shipping too.
    After considering all these things, I bought the FA. I may regret it, but I gave my word to their CS man about buying their products and I try to keep my word. I have now cleaned all my brass and have a lot of reloading and shooting to do before I need to clean the brass again. It was worth the money and I wish I had done this many years ago.I just checked the Midwayusa website and the FA wet tumbler has 54 reviews. 49 are 5 stars. 3 are 4 stars. 2 are 2 stars. Only 2 out of 54 are not happy??? In todays world that is excellent feedback!
    Thanks for asking.
  • Maxx424Maxx424 Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also got one. Works really well with straight case like 9MM and .45acp. Concerns with Brit 303 as a bunch of the pins were stuck cross way in the neck. Also did really grungy .223 but had concerns about the pins in the case. Ended up tapping each one to make sure they were empty. Did a test of a second batch of grungy .223 and no pins. Came out very nice. Little golden as opposed to really bright brass but still really clean. Just gave my vibrating cleaner to my son.
    edited November -1
    I had the same problem with .308's I cleaned, with the pins sticking in the neck. I took needle nose pliers and pulled out the pins, very simple. I let the brass and pins dry and then turn the cases upside down and hit the brass on a block of wood to remove pins that were inside the case. Still much less trouble than digging media out of the primer flash hole. [:D]