In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

inlaws X-mas today

gonecribbingonecribbin Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
Wake up....Put on dreaded turtleneck...Overload car with gifts....Buckle in 3 excited kids under 6yrs old....Drive 4 hours with numerous arguements and pee breaks...arrive late....unload car... put on fake smile....yes the weather is nice, work is fine, all the regular small talk...eat little weenies....Uncle Bill cracks another joke from the 80's...open gifts (maybe a new turtleneck)...hug people I hardly know...load car...drive home in dark...carry kids in 1 by 1...unload car...

Mix drink...squeeze out of turtleneck...turn on computer...read all the hilarity on gunbroker forum...hmmmm...I think my headache is going away....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comments

• taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He said weenies (huh huh). Hope ya have a nice day, turtleneck? not on your life[:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Hey feel lucky. I lost both of my mother in laws this year. (David was adopted by his grandmom.. hence 2 moms) Inlaws are not always fun but they are still our spouses parents. I was lucky to have wonderful inlaws and this first Christmas without them will be hard.

But as for turtlenecks... now those are just plain sexy.... yeah about as sexy as a chevy or a dodge. [;)]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:But as for turtlenecks... now those are just plain sexy.... yeah about as sexy as a chevy or a dodge.

OUCH!!! I'm hurt!!!![:(][:(][xx(][V]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    [?] So if I wear a turtleneck gagirl will want to ride in my truck [?]

[:D][:D][;)]
    I actually do not enjoy the holidays, never really have, but the one thing I do like about holidays is getting together with family.
  • 8yellowfintuna8yellowfintuna Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gone, it aint that bad. Did you ever think that they might ask you all to stay the night??????
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I don't like turtle necks. If I pass out in them I always wake up thinking some really weak person is trying to choke me to death. It's scary.[:0][}:)][:0]
    Ben
    edited November -1
    Ben, maybe the problem is you pass out to much?? Just a thought, doubt it's right. [:D]
    edited November -1
    its ok Ben.. I am sure you look sexy in just about anything [;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    Ben, maybe the problem is you pass out to much?? Just a thought, doubt it's right. [:D]

Susp, That's okay. Go ahead and give me caca. You just miss the 'good old days'.[;)]

gagirl, I think so, but others have told me that my moon boots look 'childish'.[}:)] Have you kids down in the South ever even had a good pair of moon boots?

Ben
    edited November -1
    moon boots? no we just wear shrimp boots down here.... they go great with every outfit. [:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben

Susp, That's okay. Go ahead and give me caca. You just miss the 'good old days'.[;)]

Ben

Ben, there is noway I'd give caca to someone who owns MOON BOOTS, please accept my apologies. [:I]
    edited November -1
    Hope you had a Happy Holiday,smartazz!![}:)][;)]

Ben

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
    edited November -1
    [:0] Hope your holiday was nice to Ben! Have a safe New Year.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent