In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Stolen M-60

big_gun2big_gun2 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
I am writing to you for your help at this time. As you may or may not know the http://oklahomafullauto.com/ machine gun shoot was held this weekend. Unfortunately some nasty meanies stole an M-60 from one of the respected Class III Dealers. The gun was stolen from a vehicle while in Joplin Missouri early Sunday a.m.
Fortunately this gun had broken at the shoot on Saturday so the thieves will be looking for replacement parts. We are asking for your help in locating the gun. PLEASE contact any Class II manufacturers, Class III dealers, Gunsmiths, FFL Holders or Machine shops in your area or any where else to be on the look out for this weapon or ANYONE looking for M-60 Parts. Spread the word and let's get this gun back to its rightful owner. This weapon could be very dangerous in the wrong hands.
The thieves will be looking for bolt parts to include: Extractor, extractor spring & roller bearings. Possibly more M-60 parts.
There are at least 2 REWARDS available for this gun so far and may be more later.
I am including a picture of a similar gun for recognition. Specifically the missing gun is a Rock Island Armory (RIA) M-60, Belt Fed Machine Gun chambered in .308. Serial # 10541.
If you have ANY information that could assist in the recovery of this weapon please contact Glen at furtardo@hotmail.com or call 214-762-4867. You may also contact the Joplin Police Dept Officer Sloan Roland at 417-540-6777 regarding report # 05-29469 You can also supply information to ATF agent Wes Patterson at 417-343-8632. The ATF agents have been very courteous and helpful in this matter. They would appreciate your assistance. I will be available to take information as well; contact me at Bert@GatlingGuns.com or call 928-854-3538 or cell 928-706-4867
Pictures of similar guns can be seen at http://world.guns.ru/machine/mg12-e.htm

Thank you very much for your assistance.
Let's spread the word and bust these jerks,
Bert Guy
Gunbroker user: big_gun
www.GatlingGuns.com

www.GatlingGuns.com

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Wait a minute[:0] who the heck leaves an M-60 in their car unattended? Also you can't hide an M-60 in your pocket. Further more any one who has a weapon is responsible for it's secure storage. I believe you do not have the responsibilities to own a weapon like this.[B)] What if some teen agers or kids got this thing and killed somone or themselves would you bear any responsibility? I do not condone stealing in fact I despise it.[:(!] on the other hand it's the dealers own falt for not securing his weapon properly. bad situation all around.[:o)] I hate to hear stuff like this. sell the guns buy a mathews.[:D]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Forget that it is even a weapon. Who leaves that kind of money in an unattended car?

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
    edited November -1
    Somone who is not responsible[B)]
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    whats the going value of a legal m-60?

"Were not here for a long time were here for a good time"
    edited November -1
    Free at the machine gun shoot apparantly self service[:D][:D][:D]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    What do you shoot with it? coyotes? [:I][;)]

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by headzilla97
    whats the going value of a legal m-60?

probably around 10 grand. They are a lot more common and cheaper then a M16.
  • LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you left your beloved Mathews in your truck and someone stole it...does that make you an irresponsible Mathews owner? If someone steals your truck...does that make you an irresponsible truck owner? If you're deer hunting and you stop at the local diner for lunch and someone goes out and steals your shotgun/rifle/ML and gear while you eat...does that make you an irresponsible gun owning deer hunter? If someone steals your tree stand out your favorite tree on the private ground you hunt on...does that make you an irresponsible tree stand owner?

Once again, folks chastise someone and don't even know the facts/real story. The dude is coming to fellow sportsman for possible assistance/help to catch some bad guys who put the screws to a law abiding class 3 gun owner/dealer who may or may not have let his guard down. [V][}:)][:(!]
    edited November -1
    Your comparing apples and oranges. whens the last time you heard of someone being shot with a BOW[?] If you left your kids in your car and it got stolen would you feel responsible[?] Certain items require a different amount of attention and protection. don't confuse my statement. I despise theives[:(!] But in todays socity we have a responsibility to protect our selves and property. Did that gun have a trigger lock[?] was it in a locked case[?]was the car alarmed or protected. thats my point make it as difficult as possible for scumbags to steal. [;)] I think we are on the same page Just looking at it from different angles. If you were in the military and you have your gun lost or stolen or in law enforsement you are responsible.[:0] I always park my vehicle where I can see it when stopping for lunch and what not. theft is a lot more common where i'm from[:(!] maybe thats why our opinions differ. I appriciate your point maybe I was a little hard on the guy sorry[:I]
  • LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with you Buckey but, I'm speaking on principle. We just don't know the facts. A professional thief is tough to stop and I'd take a guess that whoever snagged a weapon like that wasn't an amateur and probably targeted that MG. Who knows? Big_gun2 turned to this forum for an FYI and help and sort've got kicked in the nads. Hope you weren't wearing your steel-toed work shoes. [:0][;)]
    edited November -1
    I hope he gets his gun back. But also that he tries to keep better protection over it. I know you cant stop a determained scumbag theif But we can try to make their lives more difficult.[;)] Stelling is verry common where I am from If it's not nailed down it's gone.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    You'd be surprised the dollar value on some guns that dealers leave in trucks or vans. What else can they really do if they are traveling from another state? Ever see any of the really big aluminum brief cases open at the high dollar collectors shows? WOW [:0]

Now an M-60....what would you do with that? plink or lay down cover fire when the crows come in to close. [:p]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • R_WC85R_WC85 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Meh, I wish some people would know the facts before making comments like this. I know Glen personally and he is a very responsible man. As I understand it, the weapon was locked up and out of sight and the thieves went through a lot of trouble to break into his truck and steal it. The fact is, if a Thief wants something? They're most likely going to get it no matter what precautions you take. Government Agencies have been less responsible and lost automatic weapons, briefcases with sensitive material and more.

These things happen and yes its unfortunate, but the intention of this thread was to get the word out and maybe recover the bloody thing. Instead, People just choose to be negative and point fingers. Its not like he threw it into the back seat of his truck for everyone to see. *shakes his head* I know some other details about this case, and personally I'll keep them to myself but.. Yes, the thieves were quite determined, went through a lot of effort and were possibly stalking him when he took it out to the
    truck.

So, Come on people.. Lay off and lets see if we can actually do something constructive?
    edited November -1
    If you read more closly an apoligy was made.[;)] And I am still entitled to my opinion[:0] even if you may disagree. Perhaps if the facts were given the the responses to the post may have been supportive. Im willing to bet the theif is somone who frequents these shoots and even participates[}:)] or how who he know who to target and what was hidden in the truck.[?] I suggest you take a look closer at the people who participate in you activities. again I dispise theives. and I hope the rightful owner gets back his M-60 sorry if I missjudged him the fact remains there is a weapon in the wrong hands.