In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

LOW SHOTS?

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, I went out and purchased a "allen" type bow release yesterday, I launched about 15 shots but for some reason all are low? I knocked the release under my arrow knock when drawing back because I don't have the loop that goes around the arrow knock. Anyone know why I'm shooting low. My uncle told me a peepsight is also required? I am shooting around 4-8 inches low at ten yards....very weird.

Thanks,
A.Gun

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what type of rest does the bow have on it? didn't think about this when you asked about releases.
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you adjust oyur sights???

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • danski26danski26 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Switching from fingers to release will change the location of your anchor point. Find a spot that is comfortable for you, then practice anchoring in that same position. Remember, consistent form puts arrows in the bullseye. When you have found your new anchor point change your site settings to bring your arrows to your mark.

Also, as mentioned, what type of rest are you using? Some rests do not work well with a release.

0311 semper fi