In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

vital bow gear rest

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
I have this rest from vital bow gear. its called kaz away drop away rest holds arrow the whole 9 yard .. well saturday I cut my arrows shorter .. I like short arrows ask ben. So when I draw now the arrow comes inside the riser like an over draw .. Well guess waat my broadhead hits the riser... So I put the biscuit back on and tuned her up gonna stay with the biscut.

Ok now to the point I bought this rest new with the Mathews XT cost me 119.00 . I have seen them as low as 99.00 on flea bay .. Is anyone interested,,, The auction stars at 40 bucks.....[;)]72268214468080_01.jpg

Comments

• Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great offer, but I'm staying with my biscuit too![:D]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    If I hadent cut my arrows It was fine .. But I'm not springing for another doz.[;)]
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    If I hadent cut my arrows It was fine .. But I'm not springing for another doz.[;)]

Tight wad[:D]
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks for the offer buckey, but i'm sticking with my Ultra-Rest
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413

Tight wad[:D] Buy the rest then I can buy some more arrow dick weed[:D]
    edited November -1

Tight wad[:D] Buy the rest then I can buy some more arrow dick weed[:D]

I'm a lefty so it ain't gonna do me a bit of good, besides I have a Ripcord on mine. Further more if I had yer money i'd even buy my good ole pal taco a dozen arrows[:D]
    edited November -1
    WELL I GUESS I WILL PUT IT ON GAY BAY.[;)]
    edited November -1

Ya don't have to yell ya damn yankee[:D]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    He just wanted to say gay really loud.
    edited November -1

Ya don't have to yell ya damn yankee[:D]
    What did you forget who won that war... redneck[:0][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

[;)] No If I wanted to say Gay really loud I would Just yell

SLASH
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buckey just a thought but did you try turning your arrow so that the cock feather is more out to the side allowing more clearance for the broadhead blade. Won't you have the same problem with your biscuit? Two arrows the same length=same spot on or behind your riser for your broadhead to land. This post is confusing to me, are you discarding the arrows you cut as well as the rest?
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Rumor has it he shoots darts, not arrows.[:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gogolen
    Buckey just a thought but did you try turning your arrow so that the cock feather is more out to the side allowing more clearance for the broadhead blade. Won't you have the same problem with your biscuit? Two arrows the same length=same spot on or behind your riser for your broadhead to land. This post is confusing to me, are you discarding the arrows you cut as well as the rest?

That was a good point, I new a guy last year that had a similar problem with his ripcord. He eventually went to expandables to cure his problem. Hell buckey as short as those arrows were ya gave Ben you could keep 2 more inches and they'd still fly like darts.
    edited November -1
    No gogo I am not discarding the arrows. They are shooting great with the biscuit with broadheads. I was able to get excellent flight moving the biscuit to the left about
    1/32 of an inch. when I did that with the drop away for some reason arrows were tail whipping terrible flight. being so close to the florida hunt I did not want to take any chances. I epoxy my heads on and they cannot be turned..... it's a nice rest but I like the biscuit better... I think this rest is better suited for 3d or target.. HMMMM ya interested[[:I]
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

[;)] No If I wanted to say Gay really loud I would Just yell

SLASH
    lol[:D]
    edited November -1

I have this rest from vital bow gear. its called kaz away drop away rest holds arrow the whole 9 yard .. well saturday I cut my arrows shorter .. I like short arrows ask ben. So when I draw now the arrow comes inside the riser like an over draw .. Well guess waat my broadhead hits the riser... So I put the biscuit back on and tuned her up gonna stay with the biscut.

Ok now to the point I bought this rest new with the Mathews XT cost me 119.00 . I have seen them as low as 99.00 on flea bay .. Is anyone interested,,, The auction stars at 40 bucks.....[;)]72268214468080_01.jpg
    i think i smell a giveaway........[;)][:p]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DaBowMan18

Nah, that's just slash you smell[:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:buckeyboy Posted - 03/21/2006 : 2:50:14 PM
    No gogo I am not discarding the arrows. They are shooting great with the biscuit with broadheads. I was able to get excellent flight moving the biscuit to the left about
    1/32 of an inch. when I did that with the drop away for some reason arrows were tail whipping terrible flight. being so close to the florida hunt I did not want to take any chances. I epoxy my heads on and they cannot be turned..... it's a nice rest but I like the biscuit better... I think this rest is better suited for 3d or target.. HMMMM ya interested

Thanks for the offer but I'll stick with my MPSI there isn't anything wrong with it. Have you paper tuned your bow with that biscuit kicked out like that? Something doesn't seem right. Oh and there are broadheads where as the ferul rotates on a shaft allowing you to gain the clearance you require.
    edited November -1

Nah, that's just slash you smell[:D]
    o. my bad [:D]
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

You have all the paper work for it?
    edited November -1
    I have the recipt when it was installed...
    edited November -1
    instruction?? manual? to it
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by surekill
    instruction?? manual? to it[:0] I think I tossed it but I can get I'm sure ya can get one.....
    edited November -1

quote:buckeyboy Posted - 03/21/2006 : 2:50:14 PM
    1/32 of an inch. when I did that with the drop away for some reason arrows were tail whipping terrible flight. being so close to the florida hunt I did not want to take any chances. I epoxy my heads on and they cannot be turned..... it's a nice rest but I like the biscuit better... I think this rest is better suited for 3d or target.. HMMMM ya interested

Thanks for the offer but I'll stick with my MPSI there isn't anything wrong with it. Have you paper tuned your bow with that biscuit kicked out like that? Something doesn't seem right. Oh and there are broadheads where as the ferul rotates on a shaft allowing you to gain the clearance you require.
    [;)][;)] GOGO I was able to heat up the epoxy and turn the broadheads. the flight is still good I took all new measurements and sep back up.... shooting real nice. I dont paper tune my bowsany more.
    i put on the luminok at dusk and watch my arrow flight nice and streight... hitting where I want... Thanks for the tip.[;)]
    edited November -1
    Glad I could help. So did you go back to the drop away then or the biscuit, I'm hungover and lost.
    edited November -1
    Glad I could help. So did you go back to the drop away then or the biscuit, I'm hungover and lost.
    Gonna stick with the biscuit. Ive had fantastic luck with them. hers my comparason the buscuit is the honda engine of bow rest . good reliable. durrable and very funtional at a good price,[;)]
    edited November -1

(cough..hint..cough)
    edited November -1
    It still wouldn't help a diamond bow(hint,hint)[:D]
    edited November -1
    ya. well i dont need it for my superior diamond.....i would put it on my old PSE!!!!!!! the diamond has a NAP drop away rest....[:D]
    edited November -1
    ya. well i dont need it for my superior diamond.....i would put it on my old PSE!!!!!!! the diamond has a NAP drop away rest....[:D]

NAP thats what the deer woud do shooting a diamond at them
    edited November -1

NAP thats what the deer woud do shooting a diamond at them
    ya. because its so quiet ....... they would never hear it....[:D]
    edited November -1
    CHIT....give me a brake.lol
    edited November -1
    CHIT....give me a brake.lol
    its true.....[:D]
    edited November -1