In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Drenalin vs. Vectrix

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
I shot the Drenalin last night. Mathews fixed a lot of things on this bow. It is very smooth and the quietest bow I have ever seen. The grip has been slimed down on the palm side. I like the slim design of the bow, and the light weight.

It is not the bow for me though... It still balances like a Mathews... top heavy. I want a bow that will balance neutral in the hand while not drawing. Reason 2 I was given a price of $860829! Talk about too much. The same shop said the Hoyts would be in this weekend and should be more like $720729. That is still too much, but better than 860829.

I still want to try the Bowtech. I talked to a guy who shoots one, and really likes it. He was shooting 5 spot last night. The X ring was gone! Last year's league he shot 300's every week for 12 weeks! He is really incredible to watch.

Just thought I would post a little of my opinion for everyone...

UPDATE
Ok. Today I shot the Vectrix. It felt smoother than the Drenalin, and had the perfect balance I was looking for. It seemed every bit as fast as the Drenalin, even though the numbers put the Drenalin faster... by 4 FPS.

Also I put up some corrected prices. The Mathews is not quite as bad as I was told, but still $100 more than the Hoyt.

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Wow! That price is high. I think taco said he can get them for like $680, I might be wrong on that but I think that was what he said.
    Any idea on the speed. I heard they are stupid fast. Not that I am interested, I'll be stickin with my XT[:D]
  • Options
    7sdad7sdad Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one orderd and mine was $749.00.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bang
    The speed did not seem outragiously fast. I shot 4 arrows, each of them different, so that made it a little hard to tell. Groups were in the 2" range at 20. What I noticed was it was quiet and light. High price does not suprise me at all. It seems like Minnesota and Wisconsin seem to be the highest price on almost everything. I may try to get one shipped from another state.
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    The hoyt i want is about 690
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Bang go here: http://forums.mathewsinc.com/ there is a ton of post on the Drenalin there..just do a search.

I'm thinking of going and try it out tomorrow.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Head is that the vectrix? I want to shoot that one, maybe Monday or Tuesday. Either way I am getting a new bow soon.

The guy that built my strings last winter said Reflex was going to have the same bows as the Hoyt line for half the price. I have a hard time believing that, but will look into it.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Wow! That price is high. I think taco said he can get them for like $680, I might be wrong on that but I think that was what he said.
    Any idea on the speed. I heard they are stupid fast. Not that I am interested, I'll be stickin with my XT[:D]

$689.00 here and supposed to shoot 320fps