In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Project complete *UPDATED PICTURES*

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have finally completed my fireplace project! Just got the stove lit and the trim on tonight. Looks great! The picture does not do it justice... but here you go.

Now that the place is cleaned up I can show off the whole room!

First a view from the door...
FamilyRoom1.jpg

Then from the hall at the bottom of the stairs...
FamilyRoom2.jpg

The fireplace area...
fireplace.jpg

And a close up of the stove
Stove.jpg

Anyway enjoy.

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    looks good, will it be cold enough to use it again? ;)
  • HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    Looks really good. Can I steal your idea when I finish my basement?
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys. It is going to be in the mid 40's and rain all week here so it may see some use. It is nice to sit down by it and watch tv... even though it smells bad tonight. Too much paint to burn off, and plastic residue on the stove parts.

As for stealing my idea... go ahead. Tomorrow when all the tools are picked up I can throw in some more pictures of the whole room. BTW where are you from?
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Nice Job looks good you will enjoy it on cold winter nights after a long day in the woods zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz[:D]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Is that one of them soap stone stoves? Looks nice!!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Is that one of them soap stone stoves? Looks nice!!

Never heard of a soap stone stove... This one is a Jotul, fired with natural gas. It has a direct vent so it takes all the air from outside, burns it and the exhaust goes out too. http://www.jotul.us/FileArchive/Files/USA/Catalogues PDF/Gas Stoves/Gas Stoves_010705.pdf
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I've looked at thesoapstone and the outdoor wood furnace. I would like to have something in place by next winter.

http://www.woodstove.com/

http://www.centralboiler.com/?src=googlecb
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dsco that's sweeeet!! Nice job.[;)] When's the party [?]
    BTW are you going to hang a dart board on the wall?[:D]
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    very tasteful and looks great!
  • HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    BTW where are you from?

Originally? I grew up in Minnesota prior to joining the Navy and then moving up and down the east coast for 10 years.

Now? I live just outside (west) of Atlanta.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag

Thanks man. There was a dartboard on the wall before the ash paneling went up. I wouldn't be afraid to have one again... with plastic tips. You can't hurt this stuff... it is that hard. Even a few taps with a hammer in some places and they didn't show.

As for the party if anyone would come I would host one. Maybe in conjunction with a 3-D shoot or something.

Gagirl thanks. I wanted it to be kind of rustic. The TV was my wife's idea. I can't wait to get my deer and pheasant on the wall and fill in some of the empty space.
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag

Thanks man. There was a dartboard on the wall before the ash paneling went up. I wouldn't be afraid to have one again... with plastic tips. You can't hurt this stuff... it is that hard. Even a few taps with a hammer in some places and they didn't show.

As for the party if anyone would come I would host one. Maybe in conjunction with a 3-D shoot or something.

Gagirl thanks. I wanted it to be kind of rustic. The TV was my wife's idea. I can't wait to get my deer and pheasant on the wall and fill in some of the empty space.

A 3-D shoot in the basement? Don't worry we wount miss. LMAO J/K

Get us some pics with the wildlife on the wall.[:p]
    edited November -1
    It will be a while before the mounts are back. Deer should be done June or July, pheasant in August or September. I will keep you posted.