In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Opinions needed;

BBQGUYBBQGUY Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
What is the smoothest, quietest, light wt., with moderate to fast speed hunting bow you have seen and heard at the range/hunting. Hoyt, Matthews, PSE, Bow Tech? I feel the itch again.

Comments

• ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    all depends on who you ask this is an ongoing freindly dispute i shoot a martin not real fast but light small in size and seems smooth to me
  • PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been extremely happy with my Matthews Switchback XT, by far it has been the nicest bow I've owned. It would take quite a bit for me to trade to anything else right now, but that is just me, everybody's feel is different.
  • DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I took a chance on this bow having never shot one. I looked at every bow out there and was not willing to lay down $800 plus. Cabelas put these on sale ($419) and it had all the features I wanted. I like the bow and would buy it again in a heartbeat. It is fast, accurate, smooth and quiet. I had to do a little tuning to get it right for my draw, added a few accesories and after much practice, I am shooting 5" groups at 50 yards. I was shooting a 20 year old Pearson Spoiler and would not have attempted anything past 40 yds. These new beyond paralell bows are unbeleivable. I'm shooting over 300 fps with carbon arrows.

Good luck.

PSE-MossyOakXBow.jpg
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Only one....MATHEWS...... [:D]
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For light weight..... Mathews DXT
    For quiet....... Bowtech General
    Good hunting speed.... any new bow

What would I hunt with? Easy for me... Hoyt. I would go with a Katera XL for a hunting bow. Right now I am shooting a Vectrix. The Katera XL is better, but not enough to make me switch.

Go out and shoot them all. Don't listen to those who push one brand over another. You will quickly find what bow you like to shoot. That is the bow for you.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I like the Mathews and Bowtech lines. Like dcso said go shoot some and make your choice.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    I like the Mathews and Bowtech lines. Like dcso said go shoot some and make your choice.
    +1[;)]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    +1[;)]

+2.

Ben
  • BBQGUYBBQGUY Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the input. My Ross will be my finger bow. Need a new release bow that spews silent death.
  • jared2678jared2678 Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot a Bowtech Tribute but they dont make it anymore. The Allegiance was very fast and quiet. General is very quiet and no hand shock but not quiet as fast.