In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

girls and hunting

shellyshelly Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
I think i will actually go this year and try to shoot one..might as well see if I can out do the guys. .Had a guy in the store the other day, he had the worst nocking position Ive ever seen. Kept saying something was wrong with the bow , i pulled it back and shot it into the paper and made a nice little hole, no rips. Its all in your form

shelly

Comments

• Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hours and hours of pure boredom and seconds of absolute sure terror at least on your first kill. That is how it was for me. I like the boredom also. It's restful . I still get that rush when I draw back my bow. It is more of wanting to make a clean kill so the animal doesn't go far or suffer .[:o)]
    Good Luck and enjoy nature.[8D]

MLMorgan
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Nothin' better than sleepin' in a tree.......I mean huntin' from a tree.[;)]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Just get on out there and go. Dont worry about out doing anyone. I have been hunting awhile now and got my first(and only so far) bow kill last year( a small hog) anyway its better not to compete but to support each other.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The first hunt is always special, i'm taking my 15 yr old daughter this year for youth firearm deer season. She's excited but I think dad is more excited.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Me too Bang.[:o)]LOLquote:Originally posted by bang250
    Nothin' better than sleepin' in a tree.......I mean huntin' from a tree.[;)]

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.

MLMorgan
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got my 13 year old daughter to go Deer-Hunting with me last year during shotgun season...We didnt see anything while we were out together but we had alot of fun. I sat in a pile of *-shint and she really got a kick out of that! She says she will go again this year. She used to go small-game hunting with me alot when she was younger and more of a "tom-boy". I hope as she grows she will try to get out more with me!....My x-wife is an avid duck and turkey hunter...

Ruric, NE OHIO,
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    You got it gagirl.[;)][;)]
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    girls and hunting, I actually think woman are better suited for hunting than men. Easy there guys![:D] Woman normally have more patience which plays an awful big part of bow hunting.
    just my 2 cents.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    Whatch this Girls should stay in the kitchen where they belong.[B)] My wife told me to take out the trash. I told her you cooked it you take it out.[:0] They might be good hunters if they could stop talking long enough[}:)][:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Whatch this Girls should stay in the kitchen where they belong.[B)] My wife told me to take out the trash. I told her you cooked it you take it out.[:0] They might be good hunters if they could stop talking long enough[}:)][:D][:D][:D]

Not working and at home keeping the house clean and cooking ... hey now that sounds like a deal to me. Sign me up!!! Cooking is not a threat to me I love to.

smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    Boy that back-fired.[B)] you Southern Gals are too nice. We got some mean woman up this way.[;)] Everybody owes them somthing for being female[xx(]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1

Oh crap, I can't stop laughing!!![:D][:D][:D][:D][;)][;)]

• taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Think i'll save this and send it to buckeys other half[8D] Oh BTW buckey I need yer addy[:D][:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
    edited November -1
    Please do maybe she will get mad kick me out and I can Hunt even more than I do now.[}:)] Friends like you are hard to find. I can't thank you enough. Maybe we should call you Ratso instead of Taco[:D][:D][:D][:D][B)][:0]
    edited November -1
    You know that you would never be hunting again... I mean with all that alimony and child support you would be paying... where would you find the time? [;)]

smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    No Kids My house SEE ya.