In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

In trouble now...

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
Out of curiosity I shot some new bows today. Wow have things changed! The one I liked the best was the Trykon. The bowtech seemed harsh (like the bow I shoot now), the Swithback XT was nice, but sometimes I like to be different. Now if I could just come up with the $$$. I should list my 45 and see what I can get for it.

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have more bows then 45s [:D]
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    a hoyt.....????[xx(][xx(]
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    what was your opinion of the XT except you like to be different. that tells us. about you not the unbiased opinion of the bow.[?]
    you and Slash would make good lovers..... [:0][:D]
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    what was your opinion of the XT except you like to be different. that tells us. about you not the unbiased opinion of the bow.[?]
    you and Slash would make good lovers..... [:0][:D]

Yep, I think I smell something funny, that is exactly what slash said.
    To be "different" you may want to try something like Alpine or something that is not in the top 3. Even buying something out of the top 5 would not make you "different".
    edited November -1
    Dsco... yes your Right you are in trouble....[:D][:D] what a dope for posting that[:o)][:o)] By the way your post starts Out of courtousy[?]
    Courtousy for who?????? Boy would I like to blindfold you guys have ya soot several dirrerent brands. I'll bet ya couldent pick one from another.... seems like ya cant do do it with males or females either[:0][:0][B)][:D]
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    , the Swithback XT was nice, but sometimes I like to be different.

On the league I shoot on, there are about 4? Mathews shooters, Couple bowtechs, 1 or 2 misc...? and the rest{Alot}of Hoyt's...
    Different Huh!?![;)]
    edited November -1
    I'm different from the guys I shoot with. Not another Hoyt in the bunch. Man I hunt with 'tards! [:D] I would be VERY willing to take that blindfold challenge! I would have no doubt that I could tell my Hoyt from others.[;)]
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    I would have no doubt that I could tell my Hoyt from others.[;)]

Man, you opened up yourself on that one...buckey's gonna love that![:D].......Here it comes!!!![B)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DIRTYRAT
    I would have no doubt that I could tell my Hoyt from others.[;)]

Man, you opened up yourself on that one...buckey's gonna love that![:D].......Here it comes!!!![B)]
    [}:)][}:)]Slash Dirty rat is right. You are making this way too easy for me....[;)] Of coarse you can tell the hoyt from the rest. I should have mentioned Ear-plugs are mandirory for this test....
    It would be so easy too tell because the hoyt sounds like a freekin nuclear bomb going off DUHHH. I can tell[B)] I can so[:0]
    edited November -1
    At first I thought you meant "ear plugs" but then I realized you didn't want his head to deflate. You have got to have exessive air in your head to shoot a Hoyt.[:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    At first I thought you meant "ear plugs" but then I realized you didn't want his head to deflate. You have got to have exessive air in your head to shoot a Hoyt.[:D] I changed that bang ... Ive been looking at pneumatic air [:D]hoytist[:D] specs all morning and my brain went air insted of ear... Go ahead Slash Ill let ya have one.....[:I]
    edited November -1
    Wouldn't even need to shoot it to tell the difference. The way my Hoyt is made, I KNOW I would be able to tell it apart from the others. You know, when you feel the best in your hand and are used to shooting the BEST, you know when you have a turd in hand.[:D]
    edited November -1
    No slash.. I actally never held a turd[xx(] But I'll tell ya what I will take your word for it[;)][:D]
    edited November -1
    I was going to comment on you having something in your hand, but that might make this thread to go bye, bye.[:D]

Hey Slash on a more normal level or as normal as I can be anyway, did you get any snow/rain down your way? I was thinkin of going south this weekend but not sure if I want to if its muddy.
  • PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll give you different, I shoot a McPhearson Hornet, now that's being different.[:D]
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok by different, I meant other than what everyone else on my league shoots. 2 of us shoot Hoyt, one Bowtech, one AR and the rest are Mathews.

My unbiased opinion of the XT was that it is a very nice shooting bow. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it falls foreword when just held in the hand, and after release. The Hoyt just sat there. As far as draw, speed, vibration, noise, and shock I thought they were very comparable. Just liked the feel of the Hoyt better. I am one who will not say a Mathews is not a good bow. My opinion of the Bowtech was MUCH lower! Harsh to draw, noisy, and felt some recoil.

I was curious not courteous. Just wanted to see first hand what is out there.

I would like to shoot different bows blindfolded. Like you said I probably couldn't tell you the brand, but would be better able to say which bow I liked better.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    Ok by different, I meant other than what everyone else on my league shoots. 2 of us shoot Hoyt, one Bowtech, one AR and the rest are Mathews.

My unbiased opinion of the XT was that it is a very nice shooting bow. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it falls foreword when just held in the hand, and after release. The Hoyt just sat there. As far as draw, speed, vibration, noise, and shock I thought they were very comparable. Just liked the feel of the Hoyt better. I am one who will not say a Mathews is not a good bow. My opinion of the Bowtech was MUCH lower! Harsh to draw, noisy, and felt some recoil. Cool revie appriciate your honesty....

I was curious not courteous. Just wanted to see first hand what is out there.

I would like to shoot different bows blindfolded. Like you said I probably couldn't tell you the brand, but would be better able to say which bow I liked better.

[8D][8D]
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bucky
    I thought that may explain things a little better.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PSFD DONKEY
    I'll give you different, I shoot a McPhearson Hornet, now that's being different.[:D]
    wow. that is different.....
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PSFD DONKEY

Sorry thats a run off of Mathews.[;)]
    edited November -1
    Tell ya the truth it's Matt McPhearson whom owns MATHEWS..[8D] huh
    edited November -1
    any1 know where mathews is made????
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by surekill
    Sparta Wis.
    YA> MY HOME STATE> GO WISCONSIN!!!!!!!!!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DaBowMan18
    Sparta Wis.

So now go get a REAL bow from your homo state..opps Home
    edited November -1
    Hey Bang, the weather down this far is just cold. We got a little rain and very little snow. Just a dusting. The bad part is we are still soggy from the 8 to 10 inches of rain we got last weekend. Most of the fields and woods are still wet from all of that.

This is weather-ologist, slash0311, now back to our regular programming![:D]
    edited November -1
    Hey Bang, the weather down this far is just cold. We got a little rain and very little snow. Just a dusting. The bad part is we are still soggy from the 8 to 10 inches of rain we got last weekend. Most of the fields and woods are still wet from all of that.

This is weather-ologist, slash0311, now back to our regular programming![:D]

Thanks yo! I think we are makin the trip anyway, just have to do a little muddin to get back to the cabin. [:D]
    edited November -1
    Sparta Wis.

you are just jelous(i dont know how to spell it....i admit it[:I][:(!])
    edited November -1
    Sparta Wis.

your right im(jealous) not
    edited November -1
    Sparta Wis.

too much of a girl to admit it a. ok thats ok
    edited November -1
    Sparta Wis.

too much of a girl to admit it a. ok thats ok

LMAO..I got more hair on my chain then you have on your [8][8]"S