In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bow for wife

jellomedicjellomedic Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
I am looking for a bow to get my wife started in the sport. She isn't that strong but I want something strong enough to kill an animal, but easy for her to pull back. Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have a martin jaguar i pull about 45 to 50 pounds there is all kinds of choices take her to you bow shop and let her shoot some of them to see what she likes best
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    I have an HCA TSSR. It is easliy adjustable for when she gets stronger. You dont even need a press to do it. AND it is all carbon and very light which I love. I talked to the guy who I got mine from and I know he still has one.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mathews Mustang,
  • PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife has a Parker Micro Phoenix, Set at 37 lbs. still shoots a little over 200 fps, she has taken 2 whitetail with it, and wouldn't trade it for anything.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    I have an HCA TSSR. It is easliy adjustable for when she gets stronger. You dont even need a press to do it. AND it is all carbon and very light which I love. I talked to the guy who I got mine from and I know he still has one.

I think all bows just use an allen wrench to adjust poundage, don't they?
    edited November -1
    Bang... it has to do with the Per-fx cam that they use on the bow. instead of a 10 lb range, like most bows, you have a setting of 40-50-60 by changeing a screw and then fine tuneing up and down with the limbs. Hence haveing a much wider range than most bows have, and since bows shoot best at "peak weight" you can shoot it at 40 and that is the peak weight, and in a year change to 50 and that will be the peak weight. I have also seen several companies come out with similar cams this year.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Oh, I get it now. Thats kinda handy.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Oh, I get it now. Thats kinda handy.

Yeah it was really great for me. Being my first "new" bow, I wanted something that gave me range. Also a neat thing is that the Draw Length is changed the same way and so is the let off. you have a choice of 65 or 80. I highly suggest it for a "first bow". It is very light too.

Also.... a friend of David's came over yesterday and I was outside shooting.. he fell in love with my bow because of the weight and how quiet it is. He asked if it was a Mathews [:D] and made a comment about it being just as quiet as the Mathews he shoots.[;)]
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hoyt makes a bow specifically for women that would work well. Martin also has 15 pound draw ranges on all their bows.
  • jellomedicjellomedic Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you for all your info. I now have a good direction to look into for getting her started.