In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bang and the rest of the Illini crowd

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
Any of you headed out tomorrow for the begining of 2nd season? I will be there. I'm not to excited about it. The deer are doing some weird stuff around here. Just not seeing them like usual. From reports from around on the neighboring farms they have seen some #'s, but for some reason I am not. Just not on my ground, but another piece that a buddy and I hunt. If you're going out good luck to you. Chief

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    No, I still have a tag but I am not going out to fill it. I shot a deer 1st season with the trusty 1187 and didn't find it. Still undecided but I think I'm done gunnin' for deer. I seem to have better luck with the string and arrow.
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have missed two bucks, and hit one doe and never found her....I agree +1
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well in that case Bang, the next deer you shoot with a bow and don't recover it (and it will happen). Are ya going to quit bowhunting? It's a part of hunting that's why it's not called "killing" (got that from Ben) Don't let one unfound deer make you stop doing something you love. Hell if that was the case there wouldn't be any and I do mean ANY hunters left. I know yer bummed, we've all been there but Suck it up sissy[:D] sorry had to say that. Didn't want everyone to think I was gettin sentimental here, ruin my image[}:)]
    edited November -1
    Gun hunting is not a "love" really. I do it more to make sure we have meat in the freezer. Bow hunting is a love, passion, addiction. Can't say I don't enjoy the gun hunt but no where near as challenging or rewarding IMO.
    Besides like I said on the phone, I'd be hunting by myself and I'm pretty sure the wife won't go for that specially during firearm season.

You come run the video and I'll reconsider going. [:D]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Gun hunting is not a "love" really. I do it more to make sure we have meat in the freezer. Bow hunting is a love, passion, addiction. Can't say I don't enjoy the gun hunt but no where near as challenging or rewarding IMO.
    Besides like I said on the phone, I'd be hunting by myself and I'm pretty sure the wife won't go for that specially during firearm season.

AHHHHHHH some told me to tell you. shut up quit your crying and hunt you wussy cant tell ya who...[:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

AHHHHHHH some told me to tell you. shut up quit your crying and hunt you wussy cant tell ya who...[:D][:D]

Do I get 4 guesses, First 3 don't count?
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

Do I get 4 guesses, First 3 don't count?
    No flies on you.... t----o BELL
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    No, I still have a tag but I am not going out to fill it. I shot a deer 1st season with the trusty 1187 and didn't find it. Still undecided but I think I'm done gunnin' for deer. I seem to have better luck with the string and arrow.

So I guess that the 1187 is for sale.....Cheap.[;)]

Like Taco said, go out and enjoy yourself.

My hunting partner shot a dang nice 8 this morning. I didn't see anything but his.