In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

hunting out of state

jm_tadlockjm_tadlock Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited September 2009 in Bow Hunting and Target Archery
Anyone know of places to hunt that offer good hunts for good money? Many places are around 4k or 5k. Was looking somewhere in the 2k and under hunts. Maybe not as big of deer, but not going for that. Just want the experience of not hunting on public land for once. I haven't killed a deer since I started 4 yrs. ago because of this. Thanks...jt

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I don't know much about the place in Missouri we are headed to in a few days but I'm pretty sure it was fairly cheap. I'm just the camera man for this trip so I don't know what the Hunter pays but will find out. I know that my meals and all are even included and I'm not payin a dime. I think and am pretty sure it's under $2000 and the guy has been sending trail cam pics to the hunter and been in pretty close contact to let him know what he's seeing and what they are doing.
  • tcleartclear Member Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would suggest checking out bowoutfitters.com . They are in Ohio. Had a great ML hunt in ohio last year. I have been there for archery once and saw 20 shooter buck through the 5 days of hunting (shotter being a 125 minimum buck on most of his farms, but there are two farms that are 140 and over), but nothing within my comfortable range - several at 50 yards, moved a stand, and they are 50 yards to the other side. They never cease to amaze me! I know that the hunt itself is under 2K for all hunts (he cuts us a break for coming often). If you go to their site you can check out all of the last couple years of kill. Some are under the 125 and guys paid their fines on them. We were there when a guy took a 120 and he let him slide on the fine, so he is reasonable. Between the group of us here in PA, someone has hunted over there for the last 5 years straight and always done very well (one guy tagging buck all three times he has gone over). This year he has sent us MANY pictures of buck in the 150+ range. I loved where we stayed, he encourages taking doe to help manage his numbers, and if you hit a good week in archery, you will see a good number of buck! Nice accomadations, good meal prepared by their cook, and Bill is a quality guide.