In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A gadget to help hang hang on tree stands?

salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
I dont know where I saw this, but its this gadget that helps you pull tree stands up in a tree, and gives some stability when mounting them to the tree-like an idiot, I didnt buy it, now I want one.
Can anyone give me some help where I can locate something to aid in getting tree stands up a tree.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
-Jimmy the cheese man

Comments

• headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    try what i do get a little pully and attack it to a tree stand peg. skrew it in above where ya want to hang it pull it up and tie it off bam its almost hung

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Is this what you mean?
    http://www.wingsupply.com/shop/Scripts/prodViewSKU.asp?SKU=HVTSH1400

hvtsh1400.jpg

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've seen similar ones that screw into the tree or hang over an existing limb. Cabelas and Basspro use to sell them.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    ok so how do you get the thing in the tree before you get the tree stand up there?[?]

its all about pucks and bucks
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    ok so how do you get the thing in the tree before you get the tree stand up there?[?]

You either put your climbing sticks or screw in steps up then climb the tree and put up the hoist.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
    edited November -1
    ok so then I climb back down and hoist my stand up? Does not make any sense to me. Why not just use a climbing stand in the first place?

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    because sometimes you cannot get up the tree w/ a climber because of limbs. Occasionally when scouting you will find a 'hot spot' that just doesn't have a good tree for a climber, so you must use a lock on.

Ben
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    GAGIRL- The point of havinga hang on tree stand, is so that you do not have to climb up and down everytime you want to hunt. Hang it up before the season, leave it there until the end of the season.
    You can sleep later, cause you dont have to spend a half hour climbing up AND getting the stand set up. You dont get all sweated up from working a climbing stand-and most important ITS A HELL OF A LOT EASIER.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    Well it just dont work that way down here. If you have a tree stand that can be taken... it will be taken. I dont ever leave a stand anywhere. You may get to the club and someone will either be in it or they have taken yours down and put up one in its place. They are kinda "hungry" down here and dont care who they screw or steal from to get what they want. Plus most of our hunting area have pines and there is really no such thing as a pine that aint good for a climber.

• mrmuskiemrmuskie Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw a tree stand by API (I believe but not certain) that has the climbing ladder incorporated right into the tree stand. Th ladder collapses for carrying. You position the ladder/stand at the base of the tree and as you extend the ladder up the tree the stand goes up ahead of you. At the end of the day you reverse the action as you climb down, secure the whole unit, slip your arms through the shoulder straps and head home.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I've seen one of those MrM. They look pretty sweet. They don't weigh very much either. I was kind of suprised.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Cub's preseason is less than one month away.