In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How many states have you bow hunted in?

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
I've hunted Ohio, of course [:p] and West Virginia, that's all. I'd like to bow hunt Elk or Mule Deer in Colorado, but for $490 and a 25 hour drive I take a rifle along. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

Comments

• taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Illinois, Montana/Wyoming, and Canada oops that's not a state[:D]

Only the strong survive!!!!!
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    taco did you hunt Elk in Montana?

I wanted to move to Montana three years ago and I've never even been there. Man the travel channel can really present a place huh[:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    1 NY

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
    edited November -1
    Yep hunted elk there, took a 5x5 and hunted bear in Canada. Got a 350 lb. black bear there. Missed a BIG cinnamon bear when I hit my elbow on the tree. Stupid stupid mistake. Nuttin like the big sky of Montana I tell ya.[:D]

edited November -1
    Nice collection! Did you hunt private or public? I've hunted Gunnison National Forest in Colorado, I'm signing up this year for preferance points and hopefully next year I'll go to a different unit to hunt. The one I have hunted doesn't seem to get the elk travel I'd like to see. Even the local farmers have told me this so I need to move on, hopefully to somewhere better. [:)]

• salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    2- Pennsylvania and New York. I mostly hunt New York these days.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    Canada was a guided hunt, Montana was on private land that a gal I grew up with owns. She has a 7x6 on her wall that is a monster.

edited November -1
    taco, I can only imagine ever getting a 7 x 6, I'll bet it is a monster.
    My neighbor has a 6x6 on his wall from Wyoming I believe. It's pretty damn large, but it looks smaller compared to ones I see on TV and in magazines.

edited November -1
    salzo, how come you hunt NY more than PA? I have thought about going to PA, but never did it. Back in the 70's my dad used to go, but I never did.

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I've only hunted in Illinois. I really want to go on a goat hunt, though.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    I've only hunted in Illinois. I really want to go on a goat hunt, though.

I've always heard goat hunts were hard to get tags for and a pretty rough hunt to. Be neat to get one though.

I always wanted to hunt Brown bear with a bow.

• NebraskabowhunterNebraskabowhunter Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Being fairly new to bowhunting I've only hunted in my home state of Nebraska. We talked to the farmer were we get permission to hunt and he said he saw a big 8 by 8 the other day so September 15th can't come fast enough for me lol. This year I think were planning on taking a trip down to Oklahoma to hunt some Russian Boar. $250 for a two day hunt and it's only about 8 hrs away. Not to bad in my opinion.
    edited November -1
    Hey Nebraskabowhunter, about 8 or 10 years ago a buddy of mine wanted to go to Nebraska and hunt mule deer. I said I'd go but he ended up not having the money then the guy that had the farm we were going to hunt on got sick or something, but anyway is the mule deer hunting there pretty good?

thanks!

edited November -1
    OK who in their right mind would hunt hog with a bow? [:D][:D][:D] Me Me Me Me[:D] Never done it with a bow, wanna try it sometime.

• s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    Pennsylvania,Ohio,West Virginia.

1-Powder

2-Patch

3-Ball

4-Remove the Rod

5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
    edited November -1
    My brother went on boar hunt to some preserve here in Ohio with his bow. He said it wasn't much fun cause you sat in a tree stand and they sorta herded the hogs by you. He said he could see the guys heading them his way. He shot one anyway though [:D]
    I think it would be fun to try, least you could say you did it then. [:)]

• SlowpitchSlowpitch Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only hunted NY but plan on hunting Pa alot Since most of my family is Southern Pa & I can bring along my rifle, But bow hunting here in Ny is alot of fun, going out turkey huting this spring....

Slow
  • SlowpitchSlowpitch Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got a question, Bait hunting Or pushed hunting, Is that really a good hunt ???? Not to me, I'll be more proud Knowing i tried without bait or a push To get my meal on the table, If no meal on the table Atleast I did it my way & not someone elses..

Slowpitch
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slowpitch
    Got a question, Bait hunting Or pushed hunting, Is that really a good hunt ???? Not to me, I'll be more proud Knowing i tried without bait or a push To get my meal on the table, If no meal on the table Atleast I did it my way & not someone elses..

Slowpitch

I'm pretty sure I understand what your talking about and I agree with you completely even though I do both. [:0] Every year at least one sometimes two days during shotgun season and again during muzzleloader season I get together with anywhere from 4 to 15 people and we drive deer outa thickets/hollows all day. We always meet up for breakfast and have lunch togther to, so really most of us consider it a get together rather than hunting. I was just thinking and I can't remember the last time I even shot a deer while we were doing that.
    On the baiting part....I have a tree stand next to a corn field, another by a hay field, and one by a soy bean field to. Just this past weekend my buddy and I planted our 8 food plots (20'x40') out in the woods (neither of us have stands closer than a couple hundred yards I'd say). We plant clover, alphafa, pumkins then sometimes corn and beans to. We don't hunt over these but we know the deer we're hunting eat there so I'd have to call it baiting. The way I see it, I can shoot a doe for meat 8 outa every 10 times I hunt, but a little extra help for those antlers to grow can't hurt. [:D]

• gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ohio indiana and michigan
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    I've hunted Ohio, of course [:p] and West Virginia, that's all. I'd like to bow hunt Elk or Mule Deer in Colorado, but for $490 and a 25 hour drive I take a rifle along. [:D]

[:D] i have hunted in North Dakota wilderness extreme adventures, very cold great hunting. Ewing Illinois lots of good deer.Rhode Island. New jersey, New York, going back to illinois this year 10 days can't wait. I have to say Illinois is my favoriot so far.If any one would like info on outfitters good or bad let me know.

Do your homework b-4 you book a hunt or you will get burned.
  • oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok if a stranger jumps in? Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Arizona, Alaska, Virginia, Georgia. That's it I think. I've had more opportunities than most because of being in the military for 21 years and moving a lot. The best was Alaska of course..Moose, bear, caribou, even ptarmigan. I'd love to go back, but old age has put a squash on it. However, I'll keep dreaming.

There are no bad guns, only bad people.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by oldgunner
    Ok if a stranger jumps in? Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Arizona, Alaska, Virginia, Georgia. That's it I think. I've had more opportunities than most because of being in the military for 21 years and moving a lot. The best was Alaska of course..Moose, bear, caribou, even ptarmigan. I'd love to go back, but old age has put a squash on it. However, I'll keep dreaming.

WELL.......of course, jump right in. Looks like the military has definately benifitted your hunting adventures. Sure hope I can experience some of those during my life.
    How about answering a question for me? ptarmigan? I could do a search on the net, but you brought it up[:D]