In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Camo

gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
OK so chime in... what is your favorite camo and favorite pattern of camo? Down in my area Advantage Wetlands works well for just about everywhere I go. Will be going into a different area for turkey here soon so am looking at some other camo patterns.

its all about pucks and bucks

Comments

• gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    What camo do you use? Myself I mostly use Advantage Timber, but sometimes I use a home-made ghillie suit.
    edited November -1
    You guy seen the new urban combat camo? [:D]

couchcamoru5.jpg
    edited November -1
    What's everyone wear[?]
    I use mossy oak bottom land,,and treestand
    edited November -1
    David wont let me order anymore latex until I use what I already have and I think the turkeys could see me in hot pink, blue, purple and red.

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    see you, hell. You better watch your back.
    edited November -1
    you have alot of room to talk gumboy

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    you have alot of room to talk gumboy

[:I]It's a curiousity scent.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I think that I may be off the correct subject of this topic, but I like the mossy oak break up camo, pretty versital (sp?) for around these parts. I have a good bit of real tree brown and gray also.

My latex ripped in the briars this past season. [:I][8)]
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have alot of Realtree HD camo in 3-D and warmer styles. Was thinking about trying that natural wear/gear, whatever it's called.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
    edited November -1
    Any of you wear much wool? I want to get another woolrich hunting outfit, but it's so dang $$$. I got some off brands of wool pants and they sucked.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    Any of you wear much wool? I want to get another woolrich hunting outfit, but it's so dang $$$. I got some off brands of wool pants and they sucked.

From sheep[?][:D][:D] No wool here, to hot for me, just scentlock long underwear and then my regular hunting clothes.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
    edited November -1
    Hey sus... we have a woolrich outlet and they just put everything on I think 40% off here. I am getting a new jacket this weekend and possibly a new set of bibs too. Thinking that I may get David a jacket or something since Valentines Day is near which will also be our 1 yr anniversary. Anyway if you let me know what you are looking for I can stop by there today and see if they have it and how much and let ya know. They also sometimes give David and I more of a discount since we shop there so much. Its really bad when the sales people know ya by name. Anyway let me know what you are looking for and in what size and I will check it out for ya.

edited November -1
    I agree w/ susp. Mossy Oak Breakup is an excellent camo. It fools the wariest eyes here in the midwest.

Ben
    edited November -1
    I have a max4hd shirt and I think it would do great here in the south but not sure. I thought about it and realized I as asking a bunch of guys from all over the states what would work in my area. Funny thing is I dont know that any of yall have ever hunted the south east. But then again yall have not steered me wrong yet.

edited November -1
    well, gagirl, if we did, it would be now--Our camo may not be right for your area. I like camo that does not have a lot of detail. I like it to have soft lines and appear blurry. Camo is secondary to good cover where you are hunting. If you don't have good cover, then I'd consider a 3d suit. I have one that is like a bug suit--no insulation or really even fabric. I like it for hunting in warm weather, as I can even wear shorts and a t-shirt under it, without having exposed skin.

Ben
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whatever I can get on clearance. For deer, I dont really care, as long as the pattern is broken up. For turkey, I am a little more concerned-I try and find stuff with light greens in it.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I have mainly realtree hardwoods, some max advantage and am considering the predator. I have read good things and looked at some real pictures of the predator in the woods. Looks like good stuff.
    Latex......hum, I like the concept. How does that work with the bugs?[;)]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    Hey sus... we have a woolrich outlet and they just put everything on I think 40% off here. I am getting a new jacket this weekend and possibly a new set of bibs too. Thinking that I may get David a jacket or something since Valentines Day is near which will also be our 1 yr anniversary. Anyway if you let me know what you are looking for I can stop by there today and see if they have it and how much and let ya know. They also sometimes give David and I more of a discount since we shop there so much. Its really bad when the sales people know ya by name. Anyway let me know what you are looking for and in what size and I will check it out for ya.

thanks for the offer. No need to check though when we go we drive over to the woolrish store in woolrich, PA. I expect they will have the same sale there.
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MOSSY OAK BREAKUP!!!

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In an early spring turkey woods I like Realtree Hardwoods Green and then Advantage Timber as the foilage comes on. I'll stay in Advantage Timber through early fall and then go to Realtree Hardwoods Green/Hardwoods HD after the leaves are gone. I'll wear Realtree Snow when I get the opportunity to hunt in the snow.
  • MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My bow's Mossy oak, but the rest of me Advantage Timber head to toe. It works fine for me, but if any of you've been to Finland(who am I kidding, most of you don't even know where it is) the vegetation is mostly coniferous. The university's having a tracking course this weekend so I'm off to the wild, we'll be tracking a pack of wolves(if I get any good pictures I'll post 'em)
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I prefer to hunt in the Nude.[:0]