In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Cut 2" off my arrows

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
I moved the whisker biscuit back on my lx and was able to cut 2" off my arrows. this thing is whizzing em out. Gog does this make the spine stiffer because they seem to be flying even better than before?

Comments

• gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They will be stiffer due to less length, and you lose some weight as well. What length are you down to now?
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    24" arrows now.what do you thin any problem . The bow is slightly louder.
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    holy smokes thats a short arrow, the increase in noise you are hearing is due to the decrease in weight. Which arrows are you shooting now? I would check the manufacturers chart for what they reccomend and you should be fine.
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is there a problem with using a whisker biscuit in the rain, or snow??

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    24" arrows now.what do you thin any problem . The bow is slightly louder.

Damn, that's near crossbow length. I'd be worried about the kenetic energy that you lose going that short. I'm with gogo about checkin specs to make sure that you have enough weight. What is the weight of your arrows, with and without broadheads?

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I will weigh them when I get home. It's only slightly louder. I have never had any issues with the biscuit. when I hunt in freezing rain I try to keep the ice off arrows sight ect that will effect my shot although I have never had much movement in that kinda weather may skip the hunt in that kind of weather and have a cold one.[;)]