In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How many new members?

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
Looks like a lot of new members around, how many exactly?

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

Comments

• headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    a few but they post a question then run

Pinky-what are we going to do today brain?

Brain-the same thing we try to do everyday...try and take over the world!
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perhaps they would stick around if it didn't take 2 weeks for an answer. The posts or lack there of on this board turn my stomach. I shoot my bow far more than I shoot any of my guns. I am on 2 archery leagues a year I shoot in 15-20 matches a year and I bow hunt everyday from october first to january first. I have been shooting for 20 years now and I really wish we could get more people turned on to this discussion forum.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gogolen
    Perhaps they would stick around if it didn't take 2 weeks for an answer. The posts or lack there of on this board turn my stomach. I shoot my bow far more than I shoot any of my guns. I am on 2 archery leagues a year I shoot in 15-20 matches a year and I bow hunt everyday from october first to january first. I have been shooting for 20 years now and I really wish we could get more people turned on to this discussion forum.

Everyday from Oct to Jan? WOW!!

I agree, there are a lot of people who post once then disappear and we do need to kick it up around here. So what do we do? ?
    Where's excailbur been? I haven't seen a post from him in a while..

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes everyday I have a treestand setup in my back yard and during those months I eaither leave early or go in late. I also travel up north on the weekends I take my hunting very seriously. I see too many archers pull their bows out of their cases 2 days prior to the opener shoot 2 arrows into a paper plate and then head off to the woods, it kinda makes me chuckle and a little bit angry at the same time. What about you? Get out often?
    edited November -1
    I'd have to say on average I bow hunt two or three days a week during season. I start slacking off mid Dec though.

• runt-hunterrunt-hunter Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am new. I guess that is better than being old. I've been shooting for almost twenty years. I am a lefty. I have alot of bows that I have collected over the years. Most of them from being on a shooters program with hoyt. I have shot a lot of different bows and have found out that hoyt makes about the most durable bow out there. As far as accuracy, I find that it is more the shooter than the bow. I don't knock other brands to make myself feel better about what I am shooting. There are a lot of good bows on the market, it comes done to a matter of feel and function. I can tell you from experience that to be accurate, you MUST have the right draw length. You MUST have a properly tuned bow. I tune bare shaft for perfect flight. You MUST use good bow string material. I build my own from 8125 and make a larger string and cables. You MUST use a good arrow. Don't get wrapped up in the hype about weight from one arrow to the next or the staightness of the arrow. These factors are important but not as important as the spine from one arrow to the next. Use aluminums or acc's. Carbon arrows are good and many people swear by them, but they cannot build them with a consistant spine from arrow to arrow. Also, use a good release. Try to execute a suprise release with back tension. The human mind can only concentrate on one thing at a time and if you are a puncher, the split second you decide to shoot, your mind will stop aiming and this will cause you to freeze or drift or even worse, panic. Practice does not make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect. Don't practice bad habbits, it will only make you good at making bad habbits. I do 75% of my shooting at night without my sights on my bow. I stand about 10 yards from the target and practice feel and execution. If you do that for a week staight and don't shoot any in the day, just at night with no sights, your mind will remember that. That builds your memory. You will see what I am talking about when you shoot real tight groups in the dark with now sights. After about a week, put you sights back on and go shoot in the daylight and see what happens. Your accuracy will double because in you mind, you have executed shots perfectly for a week. SORRY, GOT CARRIED AWAY.
  • mkirklandmkirkland Member Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah I only check this forum once and awhile when I am bored of the gun side. Archery really interests me but I think there is more archery interest on the strictly archery forums around. When I first started last year I tried to stick it out here but I found my answers better answered at the Archery range or on other chats. I think because archery is such a technical thing that you need numerous members to make it flow, and I just dont think GB has that many.[V]
  • s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    Runt Hunter;sounds to be a good form of practice.Fred Bear was an excellant instinctive shooter.Even Snap shooting he could shoot better than most of us could ever hope to shoot.

I do not think he ever used a sight.He Hunted and Bagged over 200 different species of animals throuhout the World with a Bow.

1-Powder

2-Patch

3-Ball

4-Remove the Rod

5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
    edited November -1
    Fred Bear rocks, just like Ted's song [:)]

• FletchMasterFletchMaster Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just finished registering[8D]

Good Better Best, Never Let It Rest until youre Good Is Better and Youre Better Is Best!
    edited November -1
    Welcome aboard FletchMaster!

• A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I am also a fairly new member but I try to get on and look at the interesting topics a few times each week after school. As for Freddy, I'm still using a crossbow let a lone a regular compund bow...