In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ben & Buckey

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
My friend I told you guys about didn't show Saturday morning, but Sunday morning he was back out at 10 till 7. I think I might try to ride down a couple times in the evening this week. I had my fiancee clear off a spot above the fireplace just so there is room. [;)]
For some reason she doesn't think my dead animals go with the longaberger basket sceme she has going....[?] I just don't get it, do you? [8D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Aren't you scared that someone else will see him? Boy, I would be.

quote:For some reason she doesn't think my dead animals go with the longaberger basket sceme she has going.... I just don't get it, do you?

No, I don't get it. You'd think a Woman would be happy that you are showing some interest in decorating the home.

Ben
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Yeah I am scared of that. The only good thing is that the section he comes out of and feeds around is about 300 maybe 350 yards from the rode. Hopefully not many people will be looking for deer that far away while their driving by, but I saw him so anyone else could to.

I can't figure her out sometimes...crazy isn't it..[:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    women so ungreatfull. Sus hopefully other hunters don't see him but not likely. show me where he is and I will stand guard for you.[:D]([:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    I'd take you straight to the back of my truck and show him to you
    Buckeyboy. What are friends for anyway? [:p]
    I am actually considering asking my nephew to hunt down there
    with me. I wouldn't tell him about that deer though, maybe he
    might stumble upon it....[:)]

edited November -1
    He'd crap himself.

I think you should without telling him. If he comes, then allllright, if not, he'll never know.

Ben
    edited November -1
    That's exactly how I was thinking to, but I also thought of this.
    What if he isn't ready, it just so happens to walk through and he spooks it? The old unc loses out to...unless he runs it right by me..

decisions decisions

I'll probably take him down there on the sunday, the second day of the season opener. [:)]

edited November -1
    Are you nuts let the kid shoot a spike or somthing. If ya give him the big boy at that age and so easy he will for sure think a" there's nothing too it. Keep that one for yourself. besides I don't want to any excuses. Geeee I let the kid shoot and he missed the sun was in my eyes. He was so big I was afraid he was a horse.[:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    I must be nuts cause I'm gonna give him the chance. Who knows
    if that big guy happens to walk by me the first day then it
    was meant to be. [:)] I'd rather see my nephew get him anyway.

Afraid it was a horse..lol you joke about that but the very first time I went to CO elk hunting I was sitting in a meadow and saw movement coming out of the aspens across the meadow. I was ready to tag in my first elk, it stepped out I lowered the cross hairs and
    was about to squeze off when I thought something wasn't right.
    I looked up over my scope and stared for a second then I realized it was a cow moose, not an elk. I was all upset, imagine if I had shot it man I would of been in a world of problems. They were just reintroducing moose into that area of Gunnison National forest. I felt so dumb, was just relieved I didn't actually do anything. Guess I had in my mind that it was an elk. [:I]

edited November -1
    Suspension, After reading Bens story I slowly dried my eyes and blew my stuffy nose. Perhaps I was hasty in my decision to tell you you were nuts for giving your nephew a shot at that deer. Ben made me remember how strong those feelings sre when your young. you would be a special uncle forever if you give the kid a crack at him first. "Ok I can't write any more" My eye's are filling up again.[^][^]
    edited November -1
    Geez, ben sure did touch the hearts of many hunters. Once he makes it big and releases his first novel we can look back on all this and say "Hey, I knew him when we typed stories in free forums on the internet" [:D][:D]

I just hope he remembers the ones who inspired him to chase his dreams!! [:I] Oh this is getting way to corney..[:p][;)]

edited November -1
    quote:Once he makes it big and releases his first novel we can look back on all this and say "Hey, I knew him when we typed stories in free forums on the internet".

We all have to start somewhere. Most of my published stories start out like this, "Dear Penthouse"[:p](just kidding--I only wish).
    edited November -1
    Ben, you have stand up as an option to...dear penthouse lol...[:D][:D]

Betchu bustem up around the camp fire during those hunting trips!

• taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is that yer name and stories I see in the penthouse forum ben? Man them is some nice stories there bud[:D]

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!