In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Question on recurve bows

Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
Hey all,
I am looking for a new recurve bow. When I was younger I traveled with my dad to archery competitions in the area and shot in the kids division with my old Ben Pearson Predator Recurve, and shot instinctively fairly well. Unfortunately, I slowly stopped shooting and haven't shot steadily since age 12(im now 19). Anyways I took the old bow out to the range and fired off a couple of arrows, and to my surprise I could still hit the target!! haha. Anyways i have the recurve fever back in my blood and am looking for a nice bow for deer hunting mainly. Was looking at the Fred Bear 48" magnum. Any information on this bow or any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

"The man who can hunt with 1 gun is the most dangerous, but that doesn't mean you can't have a lot of guns"

http://www.geocities.com/jonnya0322/

Comments

• Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Bear Kodiak Magnum and it was one of the finest in its day. I also have a Hunter, and a Black Widow. Its surprising how easy it is to go back and shoot them accurately, but the older you get the tougher it is to use them unless you do it regularly. I recall deer I shot with each bow, but cant do the same for the compounds. Now at my age Im into crossbows, hope I remember I have it next deer season. If you decide to go with used instead of new, Ill send you my email or telephone number and we can talk.
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks JimmyJack. I was planning on getting a new one, but would consider used if it's in good condition. I also had my heart set on the shorter 48" model(not sure how long yours is), but that may be able to be worked out too. I would definitely appreciate seeing pictures and the specs on it if you could email them to me at Jon0322@hotmail.com
    Thanks

"The man who can hunt with 1 gun is the most dangerous, but that doesn't mean you can't have a lot of guns"

http://www.geocities.com/jonnya0322/