In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How many bowhunters think their bows are noisey?

Arrow MechanicArrow Mechanic Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
And if your answer is yes:

If I take your bow and move 25 yards away from you, giving you the advantage no game animal has, that is, telling you I'm going to shoot at you, do you think you can "dodge" the the arrow when the bow goes off?

Comments

• DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    no. my bow is quiet enough. It has a factory installed hush kit, limbsavers, and stabilizer. [:D][:D]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Jump out in front of my new Xt and we will find out....[}:)] OH yea good like nice knowing ya,[:0]
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot a MATHEWS no need to say anymore.[:D] I think you could be 40 yards away and not hear it.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    I dont know ask th deer i shot this year if she heard me. I doubt it because she didnt know I hit her
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I shoot mathews also. [:D] listen. You didn't hear a thing did ya.
  • FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, but all the deer, javelina, and elk I harvested with my old and trusty bow(1991)forgot to dodge.
  • LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...doesn't matter if its quiet, though it is, if you hear it...its already too late.
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot a Hoyt and didn't have a problem taking a deer with it. So, no, I don't think my bow is noisy. But I have two opinions here. 1. It is impossible to compare a humans hearing to that of a deer. We may not be able to hear it coming but that doesn't mean a deer can't. I've seen deer jump the string (yes it was a mathews too!!!!!)[B)] 2. Does anyone else think there could be something up with "Arrow Mechanic" and his posts? He has made somewhat off the wall questions before and generally (from what I've seen) doesn't reply with comments after us and still has a very low post count. No offense to "AM" if he is legit, but we have had people come in before and pretend to be someone new when they weren't.[:D]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    I shoot a Hoyt and didn't have a problem taking a deer with it. So, no, I don't think my bow is noisy. But I have two opinions here. 1. It is impossible to compare a humans hearing to that of a deer. We may not be able to hear it coming but that doesn't mean a deer can't. I've seen deer jump the string (yes it was a mathews too!!!!!)[B)] 2. Does anyone else think there could be something up with "Arrow Mechanic" and his posts? He has made somewhat off the wall questions before and generally (from what I've seen) doesn't reply with comments after us and still has a very low post count. No offense to "AM" if he is legit, but we have had people come in before and pretend to be someone new when they weren't.[:D][?][?] I noticed that too.[:0] It's probley another one of F%%^$#ing Ben's allais's[:(!][:D]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    You got me.[:p] Just kidding. It's not me.....

...or is it?

Ben
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    all joking about mathews/hoyt aside, yes, my bow is loud. there is something on my setup somewhere that i can't find that makes a "twang" and it drives me crazy. but i don't have problems with animals jumping the string that much.

concerning your question about do i think i could dodge an arrow, heck no! animal reflexes are much faster than a humans.
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    You got me.[:p] Just kidding. It's not me.....

...or is it?

Ben
    [:D]