In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

loud, hissing arrows, need help.....

wartigerwartiger Member Posts: 3,861
I just got some new arrows, Beman Carbon Venture, with 100 grain Rocky Mountain Premier broad heads. They are a tri-blade design. Arrows have standard 4" plastic fletching. My problem is that I now have a loud hissing sound coming from the arrows as they pass through the air. My bow is plenty fast,it's a Diamond Triumph, at 290+ fps, but as loud as these arrows are, anything past 20 yards will have ample warning. They are LOUD! My pro-shop guy is no longer to be found and the new guy says that the design of the broad head gives it the noise. It has a trunion or brace that splits the cavity on the blade from one to two. Anybody else had this problem?

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I have not tried the Rocky Mountain line so I have no experience with them. I also have not had the issue that you are having now. I believe buckey had a head that had a whistle to it once but I don't think it was a Rocky. Not sure if he is back from vacation yet to give you his input. Are you against trying a new head at this point to see if that is indeed the problem? I've heard slick tricks are a good head at a decent price, I'll be throwing some of those this season. Wish i had more info for you but I haven't experienced that as of yet anyway.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    I have not tried the Rocky Mountain line so I have no experience with them. I also have not had the issue that you are having now. I believe buckey had a head that had a whistle to it once but I don't think it was a Rocky. Not sure if he is back from vacation yet to give you his input. Are you against trying a new head at this point to see if that is indeed the problem? I've heard slick tricks are a good head at a decent price, I'll be throwing some of those this season. Wish i had more info for you but I haven't experienced that as of yet anyway.

Buckeys was a Montec G5 that whistled. I had the same problem with them, as far as the problem of whistle try another broadhead to see if that's the problem.
  • wartigerwartiger Member Posts: 3,861
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys, I will be going back to the Muzzy 100 grain broadheads and see if that helps.