In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

looking to redo setup

invisabill58invisabill58 Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
hi guys I have a reflex timberwolf set at 65 lbs the set up is 5 years old and I want to go all new string,sight,rest, stabulizer,peep,silincing system do not know about them but want to bring it up to date I have a 450.00 to spend any sug's [img][/img]IMG_4917_1328.jpg

Comments

• ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    for that amount you can do alot i don't know alot about the different set ups but alot of it depends on what you want drop away rest or fixed. pin sights or pendulend(spelling) one of the other guys can tell you more about what is the best buys out there at the moment
  • invisabill58invisabill58 Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I want to go with 1 pin fixed sight and drop away rest have WB now
    edited November -1
    hi guys this is what Ihave looked at any comments on them would be welcome good or bad before I go and buy them
    HHA OL5500 sight
    spothog wammy rest limbsaver hunter or s-coil
    red hawk peep or G5 meta
    winners choice string?
    the bow has alphashox should I have them changed? 5 years old
    should I change cables to ?5 years old
    I just bought a free flight C10 release
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Winners choice makes some of the best strings. If you want to wait a little longer, I can give you the name of a gentleman that will make you excellent strings cheaper then winners choice.

If that iss what you like, then I am sure they will work for you.

Last thing, since you are going to go with some good strings, get rid of the peep tube. Those things are unnecessary and dangerous! The Hoyt strings you had on it originally suck, that is the reason why it was set up with one. As long as your string is not moving and twisting, the peep if set up correctly and tight will turn correctly all the time.
    edited November -1
    I am going to drop bow off on monday thank you for the offer I am going to have good string I will see what they recomend for peep thank you shoff14
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Winners choice makes some of the best strings.

I disagree on that, I have Winners choice now, got it before the 08 season started, my peep is still rotating. I'll never buy WC again. Try Stone Creek or Bucknasty. I hear and read a lot of good about bucknasty but I haven't had a personal experience with them yet.

Try a Montana Black Gold Flashpoint sight (http://www.blackgoldsights.com/products_bowsights_flashpoint.aspx), you won't be disappointed, the photochromatic shell keeps the pins bright as all get out with out the halo. the shell adjusts to let in the perfect amount of light. They are so bright you'll swear its a lighted system but its not. Its not a 1 pin but thats all I use on it is 1.
    Drop away, I've got nothin for ya there. I have a Rip cord, its ok at best. I agree with shoff on the peep and tube deal, get rid of that before ya get hurt. Stab, I like the S-coil small, simple, effective. do replace strings and cables together, I try to change them out every 2 years. thats just me tho.
    edited November -1
    hi guy,s well this is what I got droped it off all ready get it back fri or sat
    vitat gear halo pino sight - do not need peep
    QAD ultra rest
    bucknasty strings and cables having loop put on so I dont hurt string
    S-coil and new alpha shox
    alpine quiver
    cant wait to get it back went a little over budgit but it will last me for a while I will post some pic when i get it back thanks guys
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Sweeeeet! can't wait for the pics..
    Going over budget is something that seems to happen a lot when you mess with these things. [;)]

FYI...I meant to say Stone Mountain, not Stone Creek. Not that it matters now [:D]