In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

where are ya from

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
I know most have it listed in their profiles, but that's a pain going through each one.

I'm from Ohio

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    East Central Illinois. Champaign county.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • mkirklandmkirkland Member Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally from a small town in Nevada, but I am living in Hell(L.A.) right now.
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    East central Illinois.

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    i live in upstate ny about 30 minutes west of albany

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    From Ohio.The Buckeye State.Image15_Buck_-_Eye.jpg Bout 1/2 mile from West by God Virginia and a mile out of Pennsylvania.

Have hunted all three states and found that Ohio is best of the three for a chance of a Boone and Crockett Buck someday. If I can't shoot him I think I'll try to tag one with my Buick.[:)]

1-Powder
    2-Patch
    3-Ball
    4-Remove the Rod
    5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
  • crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    About three miles from S. Gun. What part of Ohio are you from Suspension? There is some healthy bucks in this state if you can find them. Columbiana, Trumbull and Mahoning county sure do produce some monster bucks.[:D]

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

I'm Just One Man Talking!
  • LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another Buckeye here...
  • daweimerdaweimer Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    CAJUN COUNTRY LOUISIANA
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by crosshair
    About three miles from S. Gun. What part of Ohio are you from Suspension? There is some healthy bucks in this state if you can find them. Columbiana, Trumbull and Mahoning county sure do produce some monster bucks.[:D]

I live in Tuscarawas county. I hunt that, Gurnsey, Coshocton, a little in Holmes and a little in Carrol, not to much in these two though.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    east central Illinois

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • Islander1989Islander1989 Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Big D. Dallas, Texas.
  • ZUKEBABYZUKEBABY Member Posts: 450 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    west central Illinois here. Madison county but hunt Montgomery county.
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Avoca Michigan
  • MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Helsinki, Finland
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Grew up in Southern Illinois but now live in east central Illinois.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    wonderful I am in this with a bunch of Yanks... what in the world have I gotten myself into?

South East Georgia. I grew up on St Simons Island, but now live 1 county north in McIntosh County. Gotta love living in a county that does not have a single red light in it....
  • KX500KX500 Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Southern Illinois
  • Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    Northwest Washington

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    wonderful I am in this with a bunch of Yanks...

I prefer the more politically correct "Northern Aggressor".

Ben who does actually believe in the power of individual States

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • mansonmanson Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    northwest indiana for me a city called hammond.
    -michael
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    wonderful I am in this with a bunch of Yanks...

I prefer the more politically correct "Northern Aggressor".

Ben who does actually believe in the power of individual States

Being from Ohio am I considered a yankee? I know Ohio fought for the union, but darn it we're close to the line and should be considered whatever we prefer.
    Ben, most history books show the state of GA was cookin alligators and pettin * during most battles, but don't tell gagirl she might be offended. [;)]
    Jay who loves history on the civil war
    edited November -1
    It's ok Sus... I like ya'll even if you are a bunch of yanks [;)]
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D]
    glad you got a sense of humor gagirl

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • hivoltghivoltg Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Marshall county, Mississippi

"The only thing you do better than me is drive that Diamante, and that's just because I've never been in it!"--Little John

Opinions are like azzholes, eveyone's got one, and this just happens to be mine!
  • mansonmanson Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey theres a marshal county in indiana too.
    -michael
  • Rob41Rob41 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am from Central Ohio, Licking County to be exact. Who did the mount of the deer on the " Buck-Eye picture? It's Horrible!!!
  • s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    Rob 41 You say my eye is horrible.Go ahead and tell me what you think of these mounts.Honest Opinion please.I did pay a good price for all three of these.The two on the left and right were done by the same Taxidermist.

I do not think any of the three are excellant jobs but better than average.Feel free to post pics of your mounts.Maybe I'll have you do some work for me if I ever get another worth hanging on the wall.
    Image12_3_Bucks_I.jpg
    The one on the right is better than picture shows.Bad lighting near eye didn't help.

Edit;here is another pic. maybe it will look a little better.
    Image013deerheads.jpg

1-Powder
    2-Patch
    3-Ball
    4-Remove the Rod
    5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
    edited November -1
    s.gun, that's a bucks eye in your posts[:I]? I always thought you were a grey hairy sorta fella that kept his eye on things.....sorry bout that. [;)]
    Only thing I see wrong with your mounts is that you need more, so hopefully you'll change that tomorrow morning first thing. [;)]

welcome to the forum Rob41, we'd be neighbors almost anyway [:)]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Am I the only one from yhe east coast? Rhode Island. Although I like Illinois better, family is here. Thats why they have planes ,trains and automobiles. Hey Gagirl the last girl I met in South Carolina said "your a lie'en sack a snot" is that a common say'en with ya'll rednecks?? just kidding[:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    south ga redneck and proud of it!!!! Tell me was she right? she have a reason for calling you that? Personally I am a good girl and never say anything bad about anyone...... gotta scoot lightning bolts getting close....
  • MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any snow over there? We've got about one foot so far and more falling.
    edited November -1
    Yep we got about 8 inches of snow but it got warm and melted real fast. about 3" of rain and high winds yesterday.[xx(]
    edited November -1
    SNOW? man lucky guys.... I think... I wore a tank top today but then again I think we will have a VERY late season. It is in the high 60's here today.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    37 here right now. East Central Illinois. And raining, wish it was snow, the deer and the blood trail would be easier to see.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • BakuMaxBakuMax Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi,

I was born in California (LA), but left to join the Army (and go to Vietnam where it was safer). Spent lots of summers on a family farm in Oklahoma. Retired from US Army in North Carolina, which I now call home, though we've lived overseas for about 18 years off and on. Go home for visits around Christmas every year and hopefully will "retire" again around Christmas 2006 and stick around the USA. There's no place like home!

No snow here in Baku yet, but saw some in the mountains while traveling to a little village last week. Come January, there will be good varmit hunting out there. Saw a big brown bear in a cage by a "tourist restaurant" the other day. Wanted to pick the lock and let him go, but he'd probably terrorize the town and kill sheep. It's a shame to do that to a bear, don't you think?

Do no harm.
    edited November -1
    Yea, I think caging an animal is worse than killing him. Wild animls die all the time in the wild. but at least they are free for the time they live. I went to one of those hunting and fishing expo's once and they had whitetail deer in this big cage the poor things looked half asleep and just laid thre while some [:0]jack off[:0] was playing banjo music I was honestly discusted to see thit done to a wild animal.[:(!][:(!]
    edited November -1
    People raise deer like cattle around here, once they get some good ones in their pens then they start selling to breeders and hunting outfits so people can pay to shoot them. I'd like to see them get loose.
    We used to camp at Little Pine State park in PA every year and there was a little store there that always had bear, *, squirrel, and some others penned, I always felt bad for those animals.

buckey, what kind of hunting expos do you have over there in Rhode Island anyway, they play banjo music?? Like the movie Deliveriance with Burt Renolds, cold chill running down my spine [B)]

[:D]
  • justabowdudejustabowdude Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hi guys, I'm new to this. Just joined but have enjoyed reading stuff in the past. Luv bows and my wife, sometimes the order changes. Like to shoot sticks and thunder rods, cloudy or clean. If it's day I like to hunt if it's night I like to dream hunting, but just like all bucks i still enjoy the rut.

justabowdude
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the forum hope to see ya around. Where are ya from[?]
  • crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No mounts to hang on the wall, I bet![;)]

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

I'm Just One Man Talking!