In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

wish I could move

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
I have a choice if i want to stay with the company.
Elkhart Indiana, Danville Illinois, or Georgia... cant move though..
oh or florida

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    why can't you move?

Ben
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    why can't you move?

Ben

I think he said in his lost his job thread that his in laws were not in great health.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    why can't you move?

Ben

I think he said in his lost his job thread that his in laws were not in great health.
    I could move but all my wifes family is here and they are getting old and will need help soon also the wife makes more than I did so it would be a wash.. besides If I moved to Illinois we would be drunk all time[:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    why can't you move?

Ben

I could move but all my wifes family is here and they are getting old and will need help soon also the wife makes more than I did so it would be a wash.. besides If I moved to Illinois we would be drunk all time[:D]

Well thats not a bad thing. I mean what else is there to do in the midwest but drink?
    edited November -1
    I dont know take up the banjo and drive the dirt roads[?][?][:D]
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bucky
    This past February I lost my job/partnership of 17 years. It took me about 5 weeks to land another job. The new one is not a perfect match, but I am trying real hard. I know its tough, but like my Mom always said, "It all works out in the wash."
    Mom's always know best !
    Abort Cuomo
  • HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    Buckey, we would welcome you to Georgia with open arms. You would fit in just fine down here. Plus, with the way the housing market is you could buy a house big enough for your in-laws to have their own suite if you wanted. The job market in the Atlanta area is still pretty good, plus you and your wife could make a little less money and still come out ahead (lower cost of living and all that). Plus our deer season is 4 months long and you can kill 12. Just something to think about.
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys I appriciate all the positive responses. I'm going to go on line and check out some of these areas. Still going on vacation mexico 2 weeks I need it..[;)]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Danville is in Vermilion County. Click scroll down check out harvest numbers. [:D]

http://dnr.state.il.us/pubaffairs/2008/January/Late_Winter_totals.htm

You'd be supper close to taco too. like minutes from him. [;)] I know you really can't move but if there is any chance you know where I'll be pushin for, for numerous reasons. [:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Danville is in Vermilion County. Click scroll down check out harvest numbers. [:D]

http://dnr.state.il.us/pubaffairs/2008/January/Late_Winter_totals.htm

You'd be supper close to taco too. like minutes from him. [;)] I know you really can't move but if there is any chance you know where I'll be pushin for, for numerous reasons. [:D]

wow numbers are good...
  • anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm originally from Kankakee, IL ... and I think Danville would not be bad at all!
    edited November -1
    Just think how much cheaper it would be to live.
    edited November -1
    yea but would make 1/2 what I can make here/
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1

"IF" cost of living is cheaper then it should be a wash. I have no idea of course what groceries, gas, elect. taxes, etc...cost out there. I do know I could have gotten you an insanely big house with what could have been an indoor range on 10 acres for very cheap about a month ago. But since nobody bid on it she sold her other house and is keeping the one right next to me now. [:(] I hope she likes guns [}:)][:D]
    edited November -1

Is that from P & G? I hear they don't pay all that great, but I bet you get to keep all your years there.

I honestly can't wait another month or it could be a few weeks, to get out of cali. The cost of living just kills me. I could be paying for a decent house with what we pay in rent. With that said, I could also be taking a pay cut moving. I am not to worried about it though because I know how much it actually cost to live some where else.

With that said. My interviews next week with Catipillar should be for about the same amount I am making here. Now that would be fantastic!
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    why can't you move?

Ben

Now what's that supposed to mean?[}:)]

Illinois is a lousy state to live in as far as guns rights(2A)taxes and corruption are concerned.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    why can't you move?

Ben

Illinois is a lousy state to live in as far as guns rights(2A)taxes and corruption are concerned.
    It means we would drink A lot[:p]
    edited November -1
    why can't you move?

Ben

It means we would drink A lot[:p]

You mean avatar134_3.gif
    edited November -1
    yes my good chap[:D] as bang would refer to as barley sodas[:p]
    Cheers mates[;)]
    edited November -1
    I had a few "barley sodas" in the back yard yesterday cleaning guns from a day at the range. [8D]
    edited November -1
    I had a few "barley sodas" in the back yard yesterday cleaning guns from a day at the range. [8D]
    Glad I dont live next door..[:0][:D]
    edited November -1
    Glad I dont live next door..[:0][:D]

Actually you would be glad if you lived next door. [8D]