In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Got a Reezen?

MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
Hey Guys. Anyone got the lowdown on the new Mathews Reezen? Anyone shoot one yet? Im lookin to get a new bow this year. Im still shooting my Mathews Q2 that I got new in 2001. I bought an Outback a few years ago and hated. I just couldn't get it to shoot right, so I went back to my Q2. Im pretty attached to that bow but I think its time to move on. Any info you guys have Id appreciate. I really like the Switchback Xt. I know its a few yrs old now but its so smooth. I might see if I can get my hands on a new one somewhere.

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I have not shot a Reezen but I have read on another archery forum that is huge and one of the main archery sites world wide that the SBXT is the best that Mathews has made. Have you seen the Monster? Its throwin arrows at 360fps if your a speed freak. Downer IMO is it looks like a PSE Xforce series bow. Not that there is anything wrong with that, its just not my cup of tea. If you get your hands on one and shoot it I'd be interested in hearing your opinion of the Reezen.

As a side note, don't sell that Q2. I sold mine when I got the XT, I should have kept it for back up. Loved the Q2.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Reezen is a very nice bow...I'm going to get a all Black one.[:)]
    Have you looked at the Drenalin? It's much better than the XT.
  • KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    I own a Reezen 7.0. I'm not very experienced, but I like it alot.
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Reezen is a real nice bow. I'd have one if I had the funds. Also the Monster shot real well for a speed bow. My Hoyt has one more chance, or I just may have to sell it. I have put enough strings on it to cover the price of the Reezen now. This is getting old!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    The Reezen is a real nice bow. I'd have one if I had the funds. Also the Monster shot real well for a speed bow. My Hoyt has one more chance, or I just may have to sell it. I have put enough strings on it to cover the price of the Reezen now. This is getting old!

So you've shot the Monster? Could I hear more of what you thought of it? Just curious have no plans to get one. Does it feel like a PSE or does it still have the Mathews feel?
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009

So you've shot the Monster? Could I hear more of what you thought of it? Just curious have no plans to get one. Does it feel like a PSE or does it still have the Mathews feel?

The feel is a cross between the familiar Mathews, and.... Maybe a Guardian? It has a nice smooth feel right to the end of the draw, then stacks a bit just before dropping off. There is just a bit of a jump, and some noise, but this was a bare bow. I bet with cat whiskers, and a good stabilizer that would all be gone. Talk about FAST! Just might be worth it to get the speed, if you are into that. I suggest you try one. See what you think.
    edited November -1
    I'm not a speed freak but I may just have to give this one a shot. pun intended. [:D]