In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What Kind of Release do you use?

fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
I use a Carter One-Shot. It has the best trigger I've ever had the pleasure to put my finger on. It's the last release you'll ever buy.
www.carterenterprises.com

www.RightFieldSucks.com

Comments

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    This is sooooo strange! I just finished typing that reply to you in the the other post and was planning to submit a post about releases. When I went back to the main forum here this was.....
    almost scary [}:)][;)]

My release is pretty old. I believe it is a cobra. It does alright, but I want to get a new one and am looking for suggestions.
    Let me go read about carter one shots.
    5/3: to pricey for me just to kill a deer with.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • JackBwrJackBwr Member Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use a free-flight release and I love it. Wouldn't use anything else. My dad uses the ones that are just the straps and the metal tube with the straight thin trigger. I just don't like those as much. The free-flight is more like a glove with a hard rod-like thing that goes in your palm that you can put your fingers around and I think it helps you pull back a lot. They come in different camo patterns I believe and have really nice triggers, like a rifle. That's what I prefer. It velcros around your wrist and feels really good. They come flat in a plastic bag and it's pretty stiff so you have to kind of break it in and then it feels just right. One will run you about 50 dollars brand new.
  • runt-hunterrunt-hunter Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are a lot of good releases out there. My favorite is an overkill made by a surgical company. It is made out of surgical steel. It is a very expensive release. I paid $208 for it. I also use truball releases called the x-terminator and the xtreme wild thing. I also use a scott and fletchunter. Some releases will change your draw length and your anchor point. I like the kind that won't load up under the draw weight and with little or no creep. My overkill can be set so sensitive that you can set it for the let off weight rather than the peak weight. It has a safty button that you hold down as you draw to keep it from pulling of the string. When you get to full draw you let your finger off the safty button. That is good for target shooting, but for hunting I set it harder or use my scott.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Ive got a cobra one that cost about 30 bucks havnt tried anyothers so this one is the best[:)]

Pinky-what are we going to do today brain?

Brain-the same thing we try to do everyday...try and take over the world!
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a fletchhunter that I have used for years and absolutely love it. I have tried many different releases and thisone works very well for me. My dad has been using his since the 70's his is very old in fact the trigger on his is brass.
  • SunraySunray Member Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A what? Seriously. I looked at 'em not long ago. Up here a trigger style is worth over $100Cdn. Nope.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    TRU Ball Tornado glove. I like the pivoting fall away feature of the release because it's always out of the way when I'm glassing.

jpwolf.gifawcountdown_sm.gif

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.