In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

here benny boy *whistle* whistle*

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Whats up? They makin you work today?

Hows the new bow feel? Give us your report on how the LX shoots. Or did you do that and I missed it? Smooth draw, solid wall? come on!!

Give us something man!!!!

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    The draw is a little stout for me yet, it's more than what I was pulling, but I'm going to work up to it, and not back it down unless I have to. The let-off makes it very manageable after I break it over.

The fit? Perfect! The longer draw length made a world of difference on the comfort.

I am officially a carbon arrow shooter now. I'm still not sure what to think about that, but as I look at my old case with 9 bent arrows in it, I think that even if I prefer shooting aluminum the carbon will be much cheaper in the long run.

I seldom make a poor shot, but I, like everyone else, am not immune to mistakes. I like aluminum, because the deer can break them off at the skin if they need to. I've seen a few deer the last few years with an arrow sticking out behind their shoulder, and it makes me sick to see.

The bow spits arrows. I am even using longer/slightly heavier arrows than buckey, and I can't see the damn things until they stop.[:p]

How's the accuracy? Well, It took about 6 arrows to sight it in. My next group was about 3 inches at 25 yards with 3 touching. Out of the chute, I shot this bow as well as I could shoot my old bow. The bow-shop was impressed, and said that it's very seldom that they get any shooter with a new bow that can make groups like that initially. It took all of 3 minutes to get it sighted in.[^]

Yeah, I'm pleased. I'll use this bow for a very long time....or until buckey decides to cut me a sweet deal on a switchback![:D]

Ben
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Thats the info I was looking for! Cool glad to hear! Maybe some of us that are relatively close can get together for some shooting and drinkin' when it warms up a bit. Whatcha think?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Thats the info I was looking for! Cool glad to hear! Maybe some of us that are relatively close can get together for some shooting and drinkin' when it warms up a bit. Whatcha think?

I think you bassterds need to head south![^]

Ben
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    good to hear that your bow is workin out. good for you[^]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

I think you bassterds need to head south![^]

Ben

We are, you want directions?[:D]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear it Ben .. enjoy and make me proud get a big buck this year..
    edited November -1
    I found out yesterday that when I get fatigued, and shoot my arm, the mathews hurts a whole bleening lot more...but, I was still only about an inch off bull, so it shot straight regardless!

Ben