In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

WOOOHOOO

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
101 days left.

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    yep let the countdown begin.[8D]
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    80 Days here.... Bow going in today for a new string and being tuned. Just got access to a new hog hunting ground (private) Hopeing to go this weekend if I get bow back in time.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    80 Days here.... Bow going in today for a new string and being tuned. Just got access to a new hog hunting ground (private) Hopeing to go this weekend if I get bow back in time.
    Thats it rub it in.......
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    80 Days here.... Bow going in today for a new string and being tuned.

You already need a new string? Just how much have you been shooting?

Ben
    edited November -1
    Need a new string... not really YET, but there are a few fuzzys. I figure if I continue on the same track it would come to a needing a new one in the middle of season the way my luck runs. I left the stock strings on anyway.... Figure go ahead and change out now. Plus deer season is not that far away.(80 days) If you figure that most people pick up their bow 1-2 months before season the one guy here who is good with bows will get pretty dern busy here in another month. I am just getting ahead of the crowd.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Need a new string... not really YET, but there are a few fuzzys. I figure if I continue on the same track it would come to a needing a new one in the middle of season the way my luck runs. I left the stock strings on anyway.... Figure go ahead and change out now. Plus deer season is not that far away.(80 days) If you figure that most people pick up their bow 1-2 months before season the one guy here who is good with bows will get pretty dern busy here in another month. I am just getting ahead of the crowd.

I bet the fuzzys are dirt, really. Take some string or d-loop material or something similar. Rub the string up and down and just watch all the dirty wax come to the surface. Keep the string clean. Then Rewax your strings.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14

I bet the fuzzys are dirt, really. Take some string or d-loop material or something similar. Rub the string up and down and just watch all the dirty wax come to the surface. Keep the string clean. Then Rewax your strings.

Hope I don't sound to dingy but thanks, I just learned something.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

Hope I don't sound to dingy but thanks, I just learned something.

Makes them good as new. Frayed and wore strings are one thing, but little fuzzys are different and usually seemed to be caused by dirt. I did this to my hunting bow before i got rid of the crappy hoyt strings, made them look like new. So my indoor bow, I did this to about once a week and the string still looks like new, even though it has somewhere between 2000-3000 shots on it from over the winter, that may be a low estimate too.
    edited November -1

[:D] Shoff... thanks for the info... but I already dropped of my bow.... funny thing is Danny just called me and told me the same thing! Never heard of that... but it does make sense... So looks like I am going hunting this weekend afterall. [}:)]
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D] So looks like I am going hunting this weekend afterall. [}:)]

[/quote]So whats wrong with going hunting this weekend???????
    edited November -1

[:D] Shoff... thanks for the info... but I already dropped of my bow.... funny thing is Danny just called me and told me the same thing! Never heard of that... but it does make sense... So looks like I am going hunting this weekend afterall. [}:)]

You got yourself a good bow shop there then. Some people would have put strings on anyways to make the money.