In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

love my new Proline Mountain 32

Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
Been shooting about four times a weeks after work! I'm placing all six arrows in the vitals at 30 yards consistantly. I cant believe what a difference a quality bow makes. I shoot better now after my 8 years away from bow hunting, than I did when I hunted with a bow every year. A few times however I took aim with my left eye out of habit, as I shoot my pistol with the cross over method. At $5 an arrow it makes for a costly reminder as they impact my block barn.
[:D]

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you shooting with both eyes opened or squinting?

I have a lack of a dominate eye. Which makes shooting with both eyes hard and easy at the same time, if that makes sense. But I shoot better with both eyes open. *scratches head*
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pistol, rifle, shotgun I shoot with left eye closed and aim with my right, which is my dominate eye. I've tried the both eyes open thing but just cant get the hang of it. I have an astigmatism in my right eye. (fancy word for poor sight in one eye) But, I am able to shoot my pistols with my left open right closed. It works fine for the hand guns, just not so well with the bow. Its sighted in for the right. A left eye shot puts my arrow about 18" to the left. Maybe I'll have to start wearing a patch. [:D]
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Why not shoot a LH bow?
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sav99
    Pistol, rifle, shotgun I shoot with left eye closed and aim with my right, which is my dominate eye. I've tried the both eyes open thing but just cant get the hang of it. I have an astigmatism in my right eye. (fancy word for poor sight in one eye) But, I am able to shoot my pistols with my left open right closed. It works fine for the hand guns, just not so well with the bow. Its sighted in for the right. A left eye shot puts my arrow about 18" to the left. Maybe I'll have to start wearing a patch. [:D]

The way you shoot is the same thing I do,Just add "another sight mount bracket/ or a longer sight plane" to get the sights farther way should work for ya.
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    cool. good to know you like it![8D]