In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

bought the Z7

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
Called my Bud who ownes a archery shop in Massachusetts.
asked him how long of a wait for the Z7 he said like 3 weeks. but he had two in the shop 27' draw. 70 lbs.
Guess what thats my draw I said how much he said 799.00
they set it all up for me what a sweet bow. Its resting in the basement, she has to get her sleep before her maiden hunt.
Took thurs out of work and we are going hunting..[:)]

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Look forward to your review! I'll be out this afternoon, wed. morning, Thurs. afternoon and not sure after that haven't planned anything but Sun. is the last day.

Good luck to you and your new little lady. [:D]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Look forward to your review! I'll be out this afternoon, wed. morning, Thurs. afternoon and not sure after that haven't planned anything but Sun. is the last day.

Good luck to you and your new little lady. [:D]
    Thanks bang
    not much to say about the Z7 except it is so smooth quite and accurate. feels great in the hand.
    this bow will be remembed like the switchback xt.
    I still love the monster but keep getting tendinitous in my elbows and it hurts pulling the bow. Just shoot the Z7 for the heck of iy it really is a sweet bow guys that hate mathews even like it[:D]
  • MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Buckey Have you shot a Reezen? If so how does it compare? I love the speed I get from my Reezen but I cant get it to group like my Switchback XT and my old Q2 will outshoot them both. Maybe im just not a speed bow guy. My form is pretty solid my groups just really open up with the Reezen out past 40. Maybe I should paper tune it again. Whats the AMO on the Z7?
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also shot a Z7, and if I could afford one I would have to drop the Hoyt I shoot now.

Mathews finally fixed one of my main complaints... They made the grip much more narrow which makes for less torque on the grip. $799 is a great deal from what I have seen. The shops here are all at $899.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MrGunz22
    Hey Buckey Have you shot a Reezen? If so how does it compare? I love the speed I get from my Reezen but I cant get it to group like my Switchback XT and my old Q2 will outshoot them both. Maybe im just not a speed bow guy. My form is pretty solid my groups just really open up with the Reezen out past 40. Maybe I should paper tune it again. Whats the AMO on the Z7?
    I have a 27 " draw and Im shooting right around 300fps
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Paul,
    Check your PMs over on AT about your Monster,,,[:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by surekill
    Hey Paul,
    Check your PMs over on AT about your Monster,,,[:D]
    yup done
    edited November -1
    Did you sell your Monster? [:0]
    edited November -1
    Yep to Iowa switchback.. "s kill" bought it. diddent really want to sell it but it was that or the switchback xt and with the way my elbow is well did what I had to do if I had plenty of money would have kept them all. I really like the power of the monster.
    its a sick machine. [;)]
    edited November -1
    Mine came apart last night, lettin down after drawing on a doe, couldnt get the camera on her so I had to let down.

bow-1.jpg
  • tcleartclear Member Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow! Hope you are ok! Had a good buddy had two bowtech guardians blow up on him. second one caught him right across the face.[B)] I have never seen bruises like that. Both happened within the first 50 shots. Dealer wondered why he didn't want it replaced again. No way he would give up his bowtech, but he will never shoot a guardian again [:D]
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Mine came apart last night, lettin down after drawing on a doe, couldnt get the camera on her so I had to let down.

bow-1.jpg

You danged movie stars anyway. [:D]
    edited November -1

bow-1.jpg

OK what got caught in the cam? safety strap?[:D][:D] amature[:0]
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WOW![:0]...NOT good! I {personally} would have to get rid of it, if it came apart with no-known reason!?!... That would mentally #%&@ with me every time I drew it making concetrating on target zone harder. Had a string pop on me once and welted my cheek and just missed slapping my eye.Took a while to break that thought... Good-Luck and glad your okay..
    edited November -1
    yeah buckey lookin at the cam something ran threw it but I dont know what. we have it on video except you cant see the cam. I wear hand muffs around my waist so that rules out zipper or anything. In the vid it appears I've got it out far enough that nothing on my person should have gotten in there. But yes something did. I wonder if I caught stick/limb or something cause i had turned 45 deg at full draw to let down. just guessin I got something then and didnt see it.
    edited November -1
    yep had it happen twice. one time I was hunting in NY and had to drive 100 miles to get the thing put back on.. hey bud it happens'
    so much goes wrong when you try to to do everthing right, me and my hunting Bud just laugh now and say WTH next... do you have a press? if not I got some great plans from at 35 bucks very easy build works great.. let me know.
    edited November -1
    No dont have a press but it needs new limbs, cam and string. Just gonna have to bite the bullet and take it in an have it fixed.
    edited November -1
    No dont have a press but it needs new limbs, cam and string. Just gonna have to bite the bullet and take it in an have it fixed.
    Is it warranty?
    edited November -1

Hey Rich,
    I have a Omni Press with a adjustable stand REAL CHEAP if you want it...Just pay the shipping UPS from Iowa..

BowPress0002.jpg

BowPress0002.jpg

BowPress0003.jpg
    edited November -1

He sure did...[:D]
    I bought it for my nephew..
    And this thing is scary fast,he is a 30"/70lbs DL getting 345ish out of it with a 410gr arrow..[:0]
    edited November -1

Hey Rich,
    I have a Omni Press with a adjustable stand REAL CHEAP if you want it...Just pay the shipping UPS from Iowa..

BowPress0002.jpg

BowPress0002.jpg

BowPress0003.jpg

How much ya think shipping would be? I'm a little strapped right now but.. if I have enough in my Paypal account I could send ya the funds that way. Thank you very nice of you!
    edited November -1

Hey Rich,

How much ya think shipping would be? I'm a little strapped right now but.. if I have enough in my Paypal account I could send ya the funds that way. Thank you very nice of you!

I sent you an e-mail...thou GB
    edited November -1
    wow surekill that bow is smokin now I had 27.5 and it was fat hes getting 345. holy crap. glad he like it. wait till you shoot a deer with it blows right through..

Hey bang dont hurt yourself with that press.[:D]
    surekill that was very nice of you. I am fabricating a linear press now very easy to make.
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My dad just picked up a Z7. His first few shots where to sight in, then shot a 300 5 spot target for a 299, then the next day a 300. Low X count so far, but this is a pin sight with no stabilizer! Needless to say he likes it. I bet the old switchback will go up for sale soon.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    My dad just picked up a Z7. His first few shots where to sight in, then shot a 300 5 spot target for a 299, then the next day a 300. Low X count so far, but this is a pin sight with no stabilizer! Needless to say he likes it. I bet the old switchback will go up for sale soon.
    Thinking about selling the XT but I really still like the bow so think I will hang on for a while but ya never know[;)]
    edited November -1
    Ive been messing with the Z7 got her up to 291 fps with a 27" draw at 70 # 350 grain arrow.. thats pretty fast for 27" draw yes?
    edited November -1
    I'd say. Very nice!
    edited November -1
    I'd say. Very nice!

Thanks hey dude whats up with your bow??