In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Scent-Lock Question

jellomedicjellomedic Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
When you first by Scent lock apperall do you need to wash it or can you wear it straight out of the sealed bag.

Comments

• headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    right out of the bag from what i ahve read

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think you can wear it straight from the bag but I think they recommend "activating" the suit by running it in a dryer for about 30 minutes prior to use. That's what I do with mine and it is "Scent Lok" brand if that makes a difference.

waco.gif
    Semper Fi!
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I've always heard that you should activate it before every hunt, and store it in a SCENT FREE (no cover) container.

Ben

President: Loyal Order of Teletubbies
    elefuns5038.gif
    Distinguished Kuwaiti Observer
    un_medal_ikom.jpg
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I have a novil thought.... How about reading the instructions and see what they recomend[:D][:D][B)][:0]

Mathews1.gif
  • jellomedicjellomedic Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I am on the road and haven't gotten them yet and if it deos need to be washed I need to plan it into my drive to wear I am hunting.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

I have a novil thought.... How about reading the instructions and see what they recomend[:D][:D][B)][:0]

Smart ^beep! [:D]

I agree, I'm pretty sure you need to activate it prior to wearing. I sorta thought mine said to add one of those no scent dryer sheets in with it, not sure though, maybe I just did it.
    If your driving through Ohio stop and have a beer, they seem extra good tonight for some reason.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent